Got myself a new job [emoji322]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Got myself a new job

Anyone who doesn't fall asleep reading my drivel on here will know I wasn't happy at work.

Fortunately was offered a new post on the spot this morning, with a 3k pay rise [emoji16]

Also a the new firm closes at xmas, a period I hate working in

Old job was 5 mins from my front door, new one is 25mins away, which I don't mind, a wee drive gets you ready for the day I think.

My new employers are Plymouth Brethern, which for anybody that doesn't know are a breakaway Anglican movement, no radios in the trucks, or swearies in the yard, and obviously no blasphemy.

I'm not the type of guy to mock anybody's lifestyle choice. So will refrain from the above

Also on a side note, the nicotine patches will be coming out, this should give me the impetus to pack in finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new job. :thumb:

I'm thinking you were meaning 'impetus'?? :eek:

In my younger years I did a fair bit of work with and for Bretheren. They are generally decent people to work for but will view you as an outsider.

Whilst they won't have anything to do with instruments that accept radio waves (they think the gov is bombarding you with subliminal messaging, I kid you not). Or smoking, they do love a drink. Really like a drink.

I was often offered beer at 8am when starting work and they have horrendous drink driving statistics.

So you can still go for Friday night beers.

Impotence sounds a bit drastic though, is it compulsory?

In my younger years I did a fair bit of work with and for Bretheren. They are generally decent people to work for but will view you as an outsider.

Whilst they won't have anything to do with instruments that accept radio waves (they think the gov is bombarding you with subliminal messaging, I kid you not). Or smoking, they do love a drink. Really like a drink.

I was often offered beer at 8am when starting work and they have horrendous drink driving statistics.

Blimey, subliminal messages from the radio?

They do seem decent enough, I'm quite happy being an outsider, being from Scotland and living here, I'm used to that!

The car will welcome the journey.

What does working for a breakaway Anglican movement involve?

I'm quite happy being an outsider, being from Scotland and living here, I'm used to that!

It's ok mate. I know the feeling. :(

All the best in your new job matey. :thumb: I'll bet it's a horrible feeling being unhappy in your work. And the extra money is a great settler. It'll pay for a nice holiday every year at least.

Keep us posted on kicking the habit. Give it your best shot.

Ant.

It's ok mate. I know the feeling. :(

All the best in your new job matey. :thumb: I'll bet it's a horrible feeling being unhappy in your work. And the extra money is a great settler. It'll pay for a nice holiday every year at least.

Keep us posted on kicking the habit. Give it your best shot.

Ant.

Thanks mate. They say don't make work your life, but unfortunately it is, if you come home unhappy, you stay that way.

Anyone who doesn't fall asleep reading my drivel on here will know I wasn't happy at work.

Fortunately was offered a new post on the spot this morning, with a 3k pay rise [emoji16]

Also a the new firm closes at xmas, a period I hate working in

Old job was 5 mins from my front door, new one is 25mins away, which I don't mind, a wee drive gets you ready for the day I think.

My new employers are Plymouth Brethern, which for anybody that doesn't know are a breakaway Anglican movement, no radios in the trucks, or swearies in the yard, and obviously no blasphemy.

I'm not the type of guy to mock anybody's lifestyle choice. So will refrain from the above

Also on a side note, the nicotine patches will be coming out, this should give me the impetus to pack in finally.

*Brethren*

Good luck :thumb:

As you said, there is nothing worse going to work every day knowing you'll hate it.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom