Got the 190, now the daily's arrived.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
Well, just picked my new daily driver up yesterday.

It's a May 2017 E63s, an ex-demo with just under 3,000 miles on the clock and a host of extras which the dealership ordered for it, including Premium and Night Packages, lane tracking and the obligatory (to me) switchable performance exhaust. The colour is Diamond white, which the night pack and 20" black wheels seem to compliment nicely. A bit like a Zebra really...

I bought it from Mercedes Colchester who were absolutely brilliant to deal with, answering every question I threw at them and really smoothing the process along the way, including giving me an excellent deal on the Range Rover I threw in as a part exchange. Not only that, when I arrived to pick the car up, it was fully prepared with a full tank of fuel, a litre of Mobil 1 in the boot and I had a choice of either a black or white AMG T Shirt with matching cap. This was a lot better that my previous buying experience with Mercedes.

I set off around 04.30 in the morning, mainly to miss the traffic, as Colchester's around 240 miles from me up in Lancashire and arrived around 09.30. I was greeted by a pleasant receptionist who sorted me with tea and biscuits. The car was just being finalised which gave us a chance to get the paperwork sorted out. I'd previously mentioned that I didn't want any fuss, with an unveiling ceremony or anything, so i was back on the road in my new motor at 10.30 on the dot.

Now comes the awkward bit where I'm supposed to give my thoughts on the handling and performance. Unfortunately, the traffic was bloody awful all the way home, not really stop start stuff, but slow and heavy so I struggled to do anything with the car apart from just keep moving with the flow. This means I'm not much wiser on the performance aspect of it, though the odd chance I did get I was very impressed, especially with the low end grunt. I was also surprised with the cornering I managed to do. Again, not much of it but very impressive for a nearly 2 tonne saloon car. I was expecting a bit of lift off understeer with the 4 wheel drive but it just goes round as if on rails, and is also very sensitive to throttle input, allowing fine adjustments to be made with this. The car also seems surprisingly economical, though again a bit more driving will have to be done to confirm this, I just need a few quiet roads to play with.

It's fitted with AMG's sport seats which, whilst looking nice, are a bit harsh. Very supportive and grippy, though perhaps too hard. Having said that, when I got the car home my back felt fine, so perhaps they're not too bad. Time and lots of fine adjustment will no doubt tell. Whist I'm talking about the interior, I must mention the dashboard. A work of art, resembling every kid's idea of a space ship, especially those of us brought up a good few years ago. Awesome set of variable digital displays, and the navigation screen is massive, though taking a bit more getting used to at the moment

I'll add to this thread when I get some proper time in the car and find out how to work half of the gadgets. In the meantime, here's a few pictures: -

E63s%20OSF.jpg

E63s%20NSF.jpg

E63s%20OSR.jpg

E63s%20NSR.jpg

E63s%20Seats.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2004.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2003.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2002.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2001.jpg

E63s%20Sig.jpg

Blimey, that's a nice daily my man. :thumb:

Wishing you many happy miles in it.

Amazing car there Dave - very subtle in its own way. How long will the badges stay on the back?;) I'm guessing days.

Absolutely love it. Enjoy D!

Sensational Dave - my hand is in my pocket !!!

Looks the business.

I also asked for a quick handover when collecting the Mrs' new car a couple of months ago as I was 300 miles from home.

Still took 2 hours.

What a fantastic car, congrats!
Looking forward to seeing it at the next GTG.

Wow...those slabs are clean! :D

Awesome motor Dave, looks amazing. Enjoy :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom