Gran Turismo 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chord

Car
M3, SLK350
My copy arrived this morning :D

Pity it has been released so close to Black Ops.

It's been delayed so many times I suspect apathy will affect sales. Should be fantastic if you have a 3D TV though!

It's been delayed so many times I suspect apathy will affect sales. Should be fantastic if you have a 3D TV though!

Is this £D straight out of the box or are there 2 versions of the game..?? Anyone...??

Out of the box AFAIK.

A soon as you put the disc in it wants to do a 133MB install from the net, ok, then when you start the game you are given the option to download the game to your hard disk. Which should make the game load faster when playing, it claims 20 minutes, but it took more like 40, it was stuck at 13 minutes for ages, then again at 15 seconds.

As for the game, it's good but I can't say it blown me away so far, like previous games you need to get different licences before you can really start racing.

As for the game, it's good but I can't say it blown me away so far, like previous games you need to get different licences before you can really start racing.

What you`re doing here than :D:D

What you`re doing here than :D:D

:D Got the first couple of licences and entered a cup and kart race. Got a crappy suzuki swift at the moment, the physics are pretty good and the car understeers like a pig round corners! Unfortunately I think I'll still be playing Black Ops primarily :D Given some time to get more credits and then access to the better cars, I can imagine it will be a pretty amazing game.

I also got my copy today.

After going through the near 1 hour of downloading updated, thn downloading data to HDD etc I managed to play it.

Not blown away by it (as compared to to prologue) but there definitely seems to be a lot of content to keep you busy for months on end !

The Merc SLS was particularly interesting to drive :D

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and I still do not have it. WTF!

Does it feel better/more realistic to Forza 3? I know it will have more mercedes models which makes it appealing to me but Forza in terms of car handling is spot on. The c63 and e63 handle amazing well on it.

Will have to try it as for me, buying it would mean having to buy a ps3 too. That's how good its got to be.

DUDE IM DIEING TO GET IT i have it pre ordered from game signiture edition... forza 3 is old and too far unrealistic i havent played it in ages was good while it lasted tho..

I ll try it out once I get the opportunity, and if good enough PS3 & GT5 as Christmas present. Forza unrealistic though is a bit harsh. I mean the graphics are ok but as a simulator, cornering, braking the car to throw the back end out, drifting etc is pretty good.

Shame no 210 though. I believe GT5 has still got the 208 Amg.

I used to be a huge fan of GT, back at Uni playing back to back with a mate for hours to get credits and buy all the cars we wanted.

I've played all the previous incarnations of GT quite heavily, wasn't that impressed with Prolog though.

Mrs BTB picked up GT5 for me at Tesco today, but it's for Xmas!

Why can't you simply transfer the licences from the earlier versions. Hate the fact you have to start from scratch all the time. Hope the games lives up to its expectations. Told my Mrs to grab me a copy from Tesco while she gets the groceries.

I'm on it now,looked for an E class,luckily there is an E55 in there. Get it in white and pretend it's my car :)
I think graphically it's amazing,I'd say it plays better than the previous versions.I felt they'd all been a let down since GT2.
Oh and Go Karts are amazing fun :)

My brother and I spent 20 hours straight playing the previous version when we first had it.

My concern is the physics engine and the damage option will make it very hard to access the higher levels. Can you disable them ?

You don't get full damage until later in the game.At the start it's just paint scrapes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom