Guess the premium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Female, aged 26, Provisional licence since July 16, passed driving test today.

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL 1.0l value £7k

Fully Comprehensive, Mother as named driver, living in decent area outside Bournemouth, car parked outside house. She has been paying £52 per month since Sept with Hastings as a learner driver. Works part time as a deputy manager in a nursing home.

What do you think is the best quote so far with a compulsory £250 excess and a telematics box fitted?

£80 per month

£1963.87p

£ 2460 p a

£2,499 I do hope the prize is expensive :D

bob6600 and tombola are closest. Its actually 1 x £171 and £78 pm for 10 months or £855 in a lump sum.
For someone with minimal driving experience and a almost new car I think that is pretty good.

Going to check a few more quotes tomorrow.

Last edited:
That is very good. I've been driving 6+ years and pay almost a grand now which is the lowest it's ever been. I'm 28 btw.

Oh, top tip, choose the insurance start date a week or so ahead. It knocked several hundred off of my quotes by changing it from tomorrow to later.

I am on the net for daughter's insurance this weekend.....

Do you mind advising who quoted that price?

I am on the net for daughter's insurance this weekend.....

Do you mind advising who quoted that price?

That was through Money Supermarket comparison site.
The insurer is "Insure the Box"
Reading the reviews, I doubt this company is in the frame. But it shows the price can be achieved.
https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/gc-insurethebox

Will very possibly use 1st Central. Good reviews
https://www.1stcentralinsurance.com...rnXOIgUalPBvwoMU9d_yhEAiG_YrJsMrOQaAraO8P8HAQ

Attachments

• Capture insurance.JPG
    Capture insurance.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I've been with them.

It takes an incredible effort to get it to tell you you're being a good driver. In my 1.2 auto Punto, setting off gently made the reports in the app consistently tell me I'm accelerating hard. :eek: (I'd been driving 3 years at that point)

You have to really gently move away, to the point where traffic behind starts beeping, before it'll tell you that your acceleration is "good".

I only had that six months, but honestly, it did my driving some good. I'd never have one again, and obviously couldn't now, a 3L V6 doesn't fit well with a black box, but it taught me a lot about driving gently and smoothly, and the main thing it teaches you is to maintain good distance to the car in front. You wouldn't tailgate if you thought if the car in front brakes, it's going to ruin your score for the month!

You'd break the app. Not designed to handle numbers like your E55'd be throwing at it. :devil:

Just a quick thought - If she leaves her current insurer to start a new policy, then she will be starting her 1st years no claims bonus again.
What is the cost to stay with her current insurer for the next 4 or 5 months ?
Getting that 1 year no claims bonus could really help to reduce the next years premium.

You don't earn NCB on a provisional.

You're right though, NCB years are the biggest contributor to deductions.

You're right though, NCB years are the biggest contributor to deductions.
Sorry to correct you - NCD is earned by the insurance policy holder - The type of licence is not relevant.

Incorect, although may depend on the insurer

Sorry to correct you - NCD is earned by the insurance policy holder - The type of licence is not relevant.

Correct - My wife gained nearly 2 year's NCD by the time she passed as I bought her a car and insured it under her name. The first year was a big premium but by the time she passed the NCD helped

Just a quick thought - If she leaves her current insurer to start a new policy, then she will be starting her 1st years no claims bonus again.
What is the cost to stay with her current insurer for the next 4 or 5 months ?
Getting that 1 year no claims bonus could really help to reduce the next years premium.

A good point that we haven't forgotten. Her current insurer will be given the opportunity to quote although I'm not sure it will be close to £900 odd pa. It will be interesting to see what another 4 months will cost her.
She would lose 8 months NCB going elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom