Had a bump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Menz-Benz

Car
2000, W202 c250 td sport & a 2003 313cdi sprinter
Just been hit from the rear :mad:, im sat at the traffic lights with one car infront, the car is positioned to the left, lights go green car infront darts to the middle of the road and turns his right indicator on making me stamp on the brakes.
I manage to stop so does the fiat punto behind but the citroen relay van behind that doesnt which results in the punto being hit then the punto hits me.

The van has lost its water and features, the punto is badly damaged front and rear, and mine has a damaged boot lid bumper and the boot floor is pushed in.

The car owes me a fortune for its age and that ive only owned it 6 months £4015.50 :eek: how it adds up when you spend 100 here and there only had new genuine wings fitted and painted on thursday just gone and a new windscreen the week before that which i had to pay for as i dont have glass cover on my insurance.

main thing is im alive allthough my neck is genuinely killing me

As long as you are ok (apart from what sounds like whiplash),I think you are probably looking at a write off.Good luck with your dealings with insurance co.

Just been hit from the rear :mad:, im sat at the traffic lights with one car infront, the car is positioned to the left, lights go green car infront darts to the middle of the road and turns his right indicator on making me stamp on the brakes.
I manage to stop so does the fiat punto behind but the citroen relay van behind that doesnt which results in the punto being hit then the punto hits me.

The van has lost its water and features, the punto is badly damaged front and rear, and mine has a damaged boot lid bumper and the boot floor is pushed in.

The car owes me a fortune for its age and that ive only owned it 6 months £4015.50 :eek: how it adds up when you spend 100 here and there only had new genuine wings fitted and painted on thursday just gone and a new windscreen the week before that which i had to pay for as i dont have glass cover on my insurance.

main thing is im alive allthough my neck is genuinely killing me

I feel your pain - I'm dreading the day someone bumps mine.

And I bet you'll feel that bit guilty as you put in the whiplash claim as there are so many lying f**kers out there.

Ouch - rotten luck. Hope the Citroen's insurers get you sorted in a timely manner.

(No windscreen cover? If you have a reasonable Comprehensive policy, the 'screen should have been covered?)

Good to hear you're still alive after that.

Get your whiplash claim in...:rolleyes:

Ouch - rotten luck. Hope the Citroen's insurers get you sorted in a timely manner.

(No windscreen cover? If you have a reasonable Comprehensive policy, the 'screen should have been covered?)
no ive got a traders policy, no trade policy has glass cover for obvious reasons

Good to hear you're still alive after that.

Get your whiplash claim in...:rolleyes:
i will do, its not as if im putting it on, im dreading waking up tomorrow morning, in the last month ive spent best part of a grand on it including the air condensor rad i had replaced 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
£500? Hope you can make it up with the whip lash claim

£500? Hope you can make it up with the whip lash claim
They can try but i wont be accepting that for starters im not at fault and i have the reciept with £1700 paid for it of a garage in surrey ot the 29th june last year that i had it off. im my eyes i want full whack for it as i paid it. or they will be going to court

They can try but i wont be accepting that for starters im not at fault and i have the reciept with £1700 paid for it of a garage in surrey ot the 29th june last year that i had it off. im my eyes i want full whack for it as i paid it. or they will be going to court

It does not work like that when you have a traders policy.

They can try but i wont be accepting that for starters im not at fault and i have the reciept with £1700 paid for it of a garage in surrey ot the 29th june last year

I would have thought £1k depreciation in 9 months wasn't unreasonable against a retail price.

On the assumption that your policy is Road Risks, then you'll be making a claim against the Third Party Insurers, not via your own insurers (who will need to be notified,though). In which case you'll usually be given a cash in lieu by the TPI if it's a total loss, with you to retain the salvage do do with as you see fit. The car will probably need to be VIC'd once repaired.

I'd ask your broker if you have legal expenses cover, or if not, whether they offer an 'after the event' policy - IMHO this would be the better option than a separate accident management company, who won't care about your car, just what they will make out of your whiplash claim.

Edit, just read your last post. Take ages on this blummin iPad!

I have got legalcover with wisecall mate, they will be getting a call on monday morning

I bet you wouldnt be saying that if you were in my shoes would you lol

My car lost £7k in the first year, so at £1k, I would have been delighted.

You can only expect to receive a realistic value.

Im not claiming off my own policy it will be the third parties insurance, he has admited liability, so it doesnt count.

You'll need to claim off your insurance, who will then claim from the third party, the person who was pushed into you.

Be prepared to produce evidence to back up that you are a trader - stock books, recent adverts and the like.

Also be prepared for getting trade value of the car.

I'd not make too much of that, you're supposed to be a trader, don't forget.

They may ask what trader would pay £1700 for 12 year old car from a garage.

Lots of people take out cheap trade policies, but the pitfalls are that you need to proove that you are a trader if there's a claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom