Had another pop at the champ with great results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smw

Car
W140 S500
1996 W140 S500
A majestic beast

Done with Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish, all paint protection, polymer spray and topped with HD wax. Interior cleaned with Autoglym leather cleaner and balm and interior shampoo. Long live Autoglym.

You can tell that's a well cared for car. Looking great!

The chap who owned it before me had it for 8 years. He had it garaged most of the time but he took it out every weekend to the local butchers who put thousands of swirls into the paint. I've got lots of them out but time is limited and so is my money! There are some blemishes up close and personal but all in all its in ridiculous condition for its age. I just can't stop cleaning it and taking pics. I'm very proud of it.

That looks really gorgeous.

I bet it drives really well too.

It drives really well. I've just dropped and flushed the gb oil and given it a fluid change with filters and it's really made a difference. It generally wafts you along with ease but when dropped into semi auto it can shift faster than most things on the road. It's a tad heavy on juice though

I love he W140, it's so brutish looking it's beautiful.

I love he W140, it's so brutish looking it's beautiful.

I've always had a soft spot for them, too. I'm only 34 and the chap I bought it from was in his 80s. He couldn't believe a youngster wanted to buy what he regarded as "an old timers car".

My wife has just told me that flawforth is the name of the road whee that lay by is.

Out of interest; can anybody tell me what the name is for the wood trim on my interior? I'm after a half wood steering wheel but don't want to buy one till I'm sure of the trim name. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom