Half Price MOT from Mercedes. Is it possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartMAC

Car
C250 CDI Sport Coupe AMG
My beloved C250 CDI Coupe is coming to his first MOT after three years of trouble free motoring.
I keep getting half price MOT offers from the likes of Halfords but I would like to take it to Mercedes if at all possible.
Anybody has had any luck getting Mercedes to price match this offer? BMW used to do it when I had the 1 series and I used to love it as I could get a free breakfast while I was there too.

Call me an old cynic, but I'm pretty sure just about any MB main dealer would match any MoT price you have ;)

My last three MOT's have been 1/2 price at MB Central, though they did advertise it as a special offer.

Just sent an email to my local MB dealer asking. Let's see what happens.

Just checked manchester and they do a 1/3 off offer. That would do me I think.

News from the Department for Transport is that the maximum cost of the annual MOT test will be capped at £54.85 until 2015.

Cost me £35 a couple of weeks ago at a local MOT garage, so a third off at MB is about on par.

mine cost me £30. The garage is good too as they know I do all my own work

Just had a reply from MB Bolton. They will match Halfords £27 MOT offer. Result! If you don't ask, you don't get.

I pay £10 at M-B Guildford. It was free until last year :-(

I had a platinum discount card turn up today from my local dealership for each of our Mercs.

20% off parts
40% off labour
Half price mots
10% off services

Good offers, surprised to be honest.

I pay £10 at M-B Guildford. It was free until last year :-(

I use the Basingstoke franchise Bill, they charge me £20. I'm clearing being fleeced!

OP, as far as I'm aware my local MB dealership don't do MOT's in house, they get taken down the road to some grease monkeys so you may want to check that if it's a concern. And what is this free breakfast you speak of? I'd be up for that! :)

Cheers,

Gaz

"Free" for the 124 at MB Gatwick. However it did need new MAF and Lambda sensors to pass the emissions test so I guess we both gained something.

I use the Basingstoke franchise Bill, they charge me £20. I'm clearing being fleeced!

Think that'll be because you're on 'platinum plus' rather than 'platinum elite' :)

Interesting that platinum elite is mentioned on the website but they don't give any details. As well as the £10 MOTs you also get 15% off parts rather than 10%.

Incidentally I'm pretty sure M-B Guildford do their own MOTs, but not sure about the others.

I had a platinum discount card turn up today from my local dealership for each of our Mercs.

20% off parts
40% off labour
Half price mots
10% off services

Good offers, surprised to be honest.

Which dealership, please?

I had some work done on my car recently and, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, MB Chester reduced their rate from £110 to £85 (both plus VAT) so 23%. Absolutely wouldn't budge beyond that, despite some of the work being covered by WarrantyDirect at the full rate.

In the past they've always done the MOT for £35 and, as part of Inchcape, it comes with a sort of MOT insurance which covers the cost of many of the typical failure items at the next MOT.

Had my £10 MOT from M-B Guildford today - done in an hour while I waited, no advisories :thumb:

My MOT was free last time.
Land Rover always did the same but knocked the £54 off the service as there is no VAT on MOTs.... saves them a couple of quid I suppose.
I own an MOT station too... but that would cost me the £1.70 for the slot on the system if I did it! ;)

I used to get free MOTs but it went up to £10 last year. This is standalone ... not as part of a service or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom