Half price mot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just bear in mind there's a reason why places offer discounted MOTs.

tbh, i got my MOT done by them this year as i didnt have time to go to my usual place, no problems at all , flew through.

I had my c43 done at kwik fit last year for £0.00 (had a voucher) flew through :thumb:

It's not quite as good as that, but if you're down south there is an outfit called "Just MOTs". Just Mots - Homepage

If you book 3 months in advance you get it for £22.50. :thumb:

I got my MOT done at MR Clutch for £29 for my merc.

They were very good. Even pointed out minor non MOT related things that I should look out for.

Amit

i get my W202 done at MB of Milton Keynes for freeeeeee :D ! my old dear gets her W203 done there too for half price :)

Car will have its first MOT soon. Do no Mercedes main dealers offer free MOT? We have had VWs, Audis, Hondas and never paid for an MOT!

Last edited:
Car will have its first MOT soon. Do no Mercedes main dealers offer free MOT? We have had VWs, Audis, Hondas and never paid for an MOT!

It's never free though, you'll pay for it one way or another.

MOT garages only have to pay VOSA £2.50 for the test itself, the rest is whatever the garage wants to charge in labour so it's not difficult to see why they can offer so called half price tests.

Only time I ever had a car fail MOT was a free one from a SEAT dealer - they basically scammed me for £200, which I did eventually get back off SEAT.

Last edited:
you can get it done up to a mnth earlier and still have the original end date, id wait till may

Only time I ever had a car fail MOT was a free one from a SEAT dealer - they basically scammed me for £200, which I did eventually get back off SEAT.

Only failures we have had was once for front tyres (dealer matched internet price) and a wishbone (replaced free under warranty), all the rest have been passes.

Funnily enough I got a call from the dealer I got the A-Class from advising me my car was due its first MOT soon and they had a free MOT offer but they arent local to me.

Last edited:
It's known as a honey trap. ;) If your car is sound could be OK :thumb: but before trying this just consider what your options are if it fails :doh:- do you want Halfords/Kwikfit guys working on your car with pattern parts or paying for a fail certificate? :dk: If you are happy with that then fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom