Halogen Headlight Bulb Adaptors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kid-jensen

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML 320 W164
On the ML 2007, and probably several other models, there is a springy stainless steel adapter to hold the H7 Halogen Headlight bulb.

Their purpose is to hold the bulb and allow a bayonet-type fitting into the Headlight housing, because there's no room for those endearing springy wires that notmally (almost) hold the bulbs in.

My local dealer showed me the page from the Manual showing that they don't exist, so can't supply any.

Anyone know where I can buy a couple?

Ebay has loads that are not-quite the same and are very flimsy, what I'm after is the real Mercedes part, if only they would admit they made them!

Dealer cannot supply what MB refuse to sell. It will come with a new headlamp, which is crazy.

If you want the exact MB part then a second hand part from ebay or breakers is your best bet. A breaker may separate it for you

To what resolution/granularity do you expect the dealer/manufacturer to supply parts?

I'd very much like the plastic lever that's operated by the button in the rear overhead light unit, but I know I'd have to buy the entire light unit to obtain it.

Last edited:
Not supplying replacement lenses though is criminal, some gimp kindly broke one of mine recently and what you would guess would be a £50-£100 piece of clear plastic cost a grand to replace an otherwise perfect headlamp.

I-conica,

I work for a manufacturer/supplier and our spares department will sell EVERYTHING down to the smallest nut and washer for the units we make. We've been in business 70 years, so obviously not a bad policy.

Admittedly, Mercedes has been in business longer, but the fact is, any manufacturer who doesn't offer this level of service is letting his customers down. Another word might be profiteering.

Two dealers have been contacted about this. One told me the adapter is part of the headlight and the other told me it was part of the wiring loom!

So, even spending hundreds/thousands would not guarantee to deliver me the part I need...

I can see I'll need to come up with a fix myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom