Halogen headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
The wife's new r172 slk has halogen headlights which everyone knows are not great,has anyone any tips for improving them-upgrading bulbs etc?

Yeah I have extremes in my w204. They do make a difference.

Haven't tried the Phillips, but have tried all 4 versions of Nightbreakers from the original NB, through NB+, NB Ultimate and NB Laser. Currently have NB Ult in dips and NB Laser in mains on the S204, marked improvement over standard bulbs, not convinced yet that the NB Lasers are better than the NB+ that were in the mains. Happy with the NB Ults in the dips (which are on full time as my S204 does not have DRL's).

Hi
I am currently using the phillips racing +150%,have found them better than osram night breaker.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have Philips extreme vision in my CLK and Osram nightbreaker in my E46, both give significant improvement in range and light output than ordinary bulbs. I prefer the Philips as they just seem a little brighter and whiter than the Osrams.

Hi Steve I have tried various bulbs I did have the osram night breakers
Which were better than the standard h7 bulb but I did not think they were
Bright enough so I fitted a hid kit there was definitely a vast improvement
In the light output

Thanks for the replys,will try the Phillips and if not satisfied will look hid kits.

Don't get the forum started about retrofit HID kits Steve - both here and on t'other side you'll be told they're illegal unless original fit! It's like an oil thread - pass the popcorn and get comfortable!!

Don't get the forum started about retrofit HID kits Steve - both here and on t'other side you'll be told they're illegal unless original fit! It's like an oil thread - pass the popcorn and get comfortable!!

^ What else are you going to do on a Sunday night?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom