Happy and sad C63 507

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyakajon

Car
C63 507 Edition
Morning all,

New to this forum but would like some advice from the experienced please.

Picked up a brand new C63 507 estate on Saturday - what an amazing car! The engine note is fantastic and even though I'm keeping to the recommended 4500rpm limit the performance and handling are great.

So all was going well until yesterday. I started the car, put it into drive, took off the parking brake and gently pressed the accelerator - the engine just revved a lot with no movement - then the engine would just idle. I switched off and started again - tried reverse gear this time with the same result. The yellow 'engine management' light was on. This was at lunch time. So I went back to work and then tried it again after work with the disappointing result. Called MB who picked it up and will be looking at it today.

Has this happened to anyone else? It is very disappointing to have a 4 day old car break down - only done 150 miles so far! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

they should be providing you with an AMG courtesy car ...

Wounded! I'm currently waiting for my 507 hopefully I won't get this problem but I should imagine its some sort of sensor failure, touch wood it's sorted for you in no time

He has been reunited with his 63 -

Got my car back - all sorted. The transmission hydraulic control module had malfunctioned and has been replaced.

now need to drive it for 850 miles before the fun begins!

Sweet! Enjoy I can't wait any longer for mine I'm crumbling at all these lucky people who are happily driving around in theirs

Car back from dealers and running well. Here's a pic.

The saleswoman has been great. She invited me to an AMG performance day yesterday at Oulton park which was fantastic. Drove an SL63, E63, A45, SLK, ML63 and many C63s on slalom courses, a drag race and round the track. After trying all of the above I am even more pleased with my new car, now its working;) although I am biased! Th ML63 was surprisingly good for its size but not my cup of tea

Attachments

• c63.jpg
    c63.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 190
Nice to see the OP is someone who can accept a hiccup without threats of litigation ,wanting a replacement car and the address of the chairman of MB etc. etc..

Jesus. Broken down already. You must have been gutted. I can honestly say that my 1997 c280 v6 has never broken down. I know this from the previous owner.

Very nice car (Fire Opal Red by chance?)

I had a brand a new W209 that broke down the next day after delivery so at least yours lasted a bit longer than that!! :bannana:

Thanks, yes the colour is fire opal and looks fantastic (if I do say so myself). The dealer wanted a larger deposit than normal when ordering it in case they became 'stuck with it!' which was no problem but they too thought it looked great when it came.

It is of course disappointing when a new car breaks down, but everything can be prone to teething problems - just hope that's it!

Enjoying the car immensely so far - even on the run in period

Will post some more pics soon

Let me know when ya selling it! :thumb:

Not a colour I would ever think about going for from catalog pics I have seen, but have to say looks awesome.

Fantastic colour and I've never seen those wheels before - great combo.

Loving those alloys... You've chosen the best colour too :D

Enjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom