Harder ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RayGuselli

Car
S CLASS
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered but would be grateful for any assistance please.

I previously owned a 2001 S Class 320 CDI and found it absorbed bumps and potholes effortlessly.

I changed if 12 months ago for the newer shape model (2006) and whilst I love the car, (also very low mileage) notice that it does not ride as smooth and bumps etc are not ironed out as before.

However, I now realise that the new car has 20" AMG alloys and it has been suggested that they will provide a much harder ride etc than the standard wheels: not sure what size they would be.

Is that correct please?

Any advice re changing to the originals and what size would they be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

It will be your wheels causing it. I expect they are original.

You can fit 17" or 18" wheels to your W221 S320cdi.

I personally find that the W220 is the smoother riding car when all other things are equal.

Do you want to keep the 20" AMG wheels or sell them once you replace with smaller wheels?

My sincere thanks guys....not sure what to do now if it is not as smooth riding as the earlier model...that is a bit disappointing...I loved how the other rode...

I may have to think this one through if there would not be an appreciable difference. I suppose sale of these wheels would fund others if needed.

My sincere thanks for your kind help.

Best wishes

Ray

The difference between models is very small but the difference between 17" and 20" wheels is massive!

If you want to do a deal on the wheels then let me know.

Many thanks V12...much appreciated.

I do find the ride considerably harder and will definitely consider this option...much appreciate your help.

Best wishes

Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom