Harvey--Not Bristol Cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tuercas viejas

MB Enthusiast
Car
landrover/rolls royce/MB AMG S600/Prius
My daughter called me today from Houston! Harvey is bearing down on Texas.
Being a doctor on call at Baylor U Hospital she has been asked to stay as emergency medical backup & not evacuate.

Worried about the storm surge I said look don't worry you have be through worst in challenges in Lesotho Land, Kenya, and Somalia.
Stay & support the team !
Yeh Dad !
T/V
For info the US Weather Channel:-
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/harvey-texas-louisiana-preps-impacts .

Yes she is doing OK .
Thanks for the concern:thumb:
She sent me some photos this morning taken outside the hospital where she is part of the emergency support teams .

I told her last Friday to put her car on the fourth floor of the hospital multi story car park well above the anticipated floods.
Seems to have worked out, but many of the cars in the outside car park are up to their roofs in water judging by the photos he sent.
I am going to have a chat with her shortly.
Thanks Dennis
Tuercas Viejas

As of 6 pm Houston time Sunday!
My daughter Doc Lauren W is in high spirits! Her first words were there's waist deep water outside the hospital !
Dad can you send me a boat! Any boat!

Its pi$$ing down with rain and it's only getting worse. Read (Very Brits style humour !)
The county hospital has been flooded the electricals system power is out, and all the patients have been transferred to us by the Tx National Guard.

Louisianan's have turned up en mass using swamp air boats & are to rescue people trapped in their houses.

There a constant buzz of Texas National Guard helicopters overhead rescuing people as well!

The word has gone out don't call 911 (909) unless its life threatening there will be no response!

My apartment is on the ground floor near a bayou it is flooded out !
On Saturday some of my co workers ventured out in waist deep water & tried to get into the complex last Saturday. The ground floor was up to the kitchen counter tops with flood water then .
I bet I have lost all my belongings and my unique African artwork I brought back from my medical service in Africa!

Still we have fresh water, food, booze and high spirits in the hospital.
We will just wait it out as the flood water rises !
Over and out D:devil:ad from Hurricane Lauren !

Harvey: 'Unprecedented' flooding 'beyond anything experienced' inundates Houston area, kills at least 3 - ABC News
Tuercas viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom