Has anyone fitted mudflaps to their c63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
As above?

Taking it rallying Stu?:D

Taking it rallying Stu?:D

Nah just getting fed up with all the grit and mud and crap going on my car I go round a lot of country lanes at work and this weather is just caking my car in smush :D

You can buy carbon arch lips that protect the rear aches from stone chips etc

I feel your pain. But noooo don't do it.

I would recommended trying small lips (maybe clear plastic/perspex) to see if it is effective.

I wonder how much the drag coefficient (dc) will increase by.....

I suppose it's a bit extreme. I spend a fair bit of time over by Kinver and the Clent hills visiting people's homes so in the last week/600 miles the car is just caked in road grit, mud and is generally hanging. The rain has cleaned it off a bit but mudflaps would protect it more.

It's mainly the front wings.

I made a front set for mine! (don’t laugh) My old C63 really suffered from stone chips down the flanks, so I thought this was a good idea. I have made a couple of sets before for my old track cars and they have always worked well.

This was my first attempt on the 63 and the angle is not quite right, so I am going to make a MK2 set when the weather improves.

You can see on the second picture how well they work, that was only about 10 miles after I cleaned the car!

The only trouble is the inner liner isn’t quite flush to the wing so the mud flap follows the arch liner rather than the wing and doesn’t look as good as it has on other cars.

2ytqo3m.jpg

5mikvq.jpg

30hm2dl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom