Has anyone got a Becker Map Pilot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seech

Car
2012 E63 5.5TT Performance Pack Plus
Hi all,

Does anyone have a C Class (2011 on) with the Becker Map Pilot sat Nav??

I have had my C Class for over a year now and I have never got the traffic management system (TMC) to work. I have updated the software, enabled all conceivable options, taken it up and down the country etc. as well as Mercedes taking it in 3 or 4 times to get the thing working. It ALWAYS says, "No data available" (or something similar).

Today I am told that it was not meant to work in the UK!!! - after many trips where I was told, "We have tested it and it is working".

******** it does.

So if anyone has got this function to work, please please could you let me know before I go back to the main dealer with my angry face on.

I'm a newbie here, picking up car tomorrow
I will check it out and let you know:D

Yup, have one of these - By TMC do you mean the little red triangle logo at the bottom of the screen that reroutes you?

If it's that it works fine on ours.

Thanks for that. It's very useful information for me seeing as Mercedes are telling me it doesn't work.

Red C220, does it redirect you when there is traffic? I think the red triangle has shown up before but it has never once displayed any indication of traffic, re-routed me etc. I have just got rid of my Nissan 350Z, the TMC in that always brought up a lengthy list of traffic issues wherever I was.

Sideways - you collect your car yet? Do you know if your Map Pilot was advertised in the brochure with TMC?

Thanks again

Thanks for that. It's very useful information for me seeing as Mercedes are telling me it doesn't work.

Red C220, does it redirect you when there is traffic? I think the red triangle has shown up before but it has never once displayed any indication of traffic, re-routed me etc. I have just got rid of my Nissan 350Z, the TMC in that always brought up a lengthy list of traffic issues wherever I was.

Thanks again

I drove into London last night in a C220 Sport with the MP and it kept informing me of route changes due to traffic, I also got fed up of it updating me of the traffic issues on my route verbally.. it was like having a second missus in the car:rolleyes:... straight to settings switch that mode off

So TMC worked for me last night. It also showed traffic issues on the roads nearby to me on the actual map display.

Yep TMC works for me and offers achoice to divert or not.

From what I know, TMC reception depends heavily on where in the UK you are.
E.g. I was able to pick up TMC messages (and get diversions) occasionally round M3/Jct3 but nowhere else I used to drive.
In other countries TMC works much better.

All,

Thanks for your responses. I have just had it confirmed by my local Merc dealer that they admit it SHOULD work in my car. Shame it has taken 14 months to get to this point.

However, they still do not know why it is not working. They have tested it on other C Classes and not got it to work - I think they are worried that all their C Classes are being sent out without a functioning TMC!

As for the reception, my wife takes the car regularly to Newcastle, Scotland and Oxford. So if it doesn't work between there, it's not worth installing. As I said earlier, my 350Z displayed traffic updates all the time, wherever I was.

Thanks

The system connects to the FM antenna (with a splitter) to get the FM signal needed for TMC. I wonder if there is an issue on your car. (or many C classes ??)

R

Red C220, does it redirect you when there is traffic?

Yes it does. Some strange ways sometimes but it did once save us from a massive tailback on the M11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom