Head Rest motor removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smcf

Car
2003 CLK 240
Hi all, this is my first post; however I have been scouring the forum lately and have resolved a few issues with my W209 CLK 240 (2003) thanks to the info available here, which is first class.

My issue at the moment is that the passenger front headrest is fully raised and wont retract. I have read other posts and can see what the problem is (I think). The cable going to the motor has been wrapped around the metal work of the seat in such a way that over time the connector has pulled the pins from the motor circuit board. I did manage to move the connection about to get some movement but now it is not moving at all.

If I can get the motor off the housing I think I can re-solder the pins; however I cannot fathom out how to get the motor off.:wallbash:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Got it!

Well, managed to get it off; quite simple really once you remove the headrest stalks from the white plastic support plate. A sharp push to the right and the complete housing comes away.

Soldered pins and can get the motor spinning when out of the housing, but put it all back together and nothing happens. Oh well, at least I got the headrest back down.

Headrest motor removal

Hello smcf,

I have the same problem with my W209 CLK500 and I can see that the wires are loose and need re-soldering. I am having trouble removing the headrest stalks from the white plastic support plate - is it just a case of brute force...?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom