Headlamp adjustment W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosahane

Car
E220CD! 2014
I have a 2014 W212 with the HID dims and halogen full lights. the fulls are shining too much to the right of centre.

I can see the up down adjustment but have no idea where to find the left right adjuster for the high beams.

Appreciate if somebody would point me in the right direction :rolleyes:

Is the adjustment set for driving on the left? Using the buttons on the steering wheel select "Settings" then "lights" . Note that you set it for"left hand drive". Note this refers to the fact that you are driving on the left, not where the steering wheel is located.
I would check this first before delving under the bonnet!

Is the adjustment set for driving on the left? Using the buttons on the steering wheel select "Settings" then "lights" . Note that you set it for"left hand drive". Note this refers to the fact that you are driving on the left, not where the steering wheel is located.
I would check this first before delving under the bonnet!

Thanks, I checked and I don't actually have that option. Maybe it's only on cars with xenons on both dim and full.

In any case the dims are fine. They point to the correct part of the road and the cutoff is for driving on the left.

I think the halogen high beams are fixed. Maybe they are correct and centre facing and they just look more right facing than the xenons which are more left facing?

I think you may be correct. I don't see any obvious adjuster. I was hoping that an adjuster might exist but be hidden under a cover as was the case on my previous car a VW.

i got the same car i dont think it's adjustable, perhaps it was fitted wrong?

I had a good look today and I think I have found a couple of adjusters. There is one at the top middle of the unit. another which appears to be connected to the self levelling unit or for the xenon dims and, by taking off the cover over the halogen main bulb I can see where the reflector is on rails and what may be an adjuster in a little tunnel down at the bottom of the housing.

When I have more daylight tomorrow I'll get a mirror and see if there's a screw or her socket inside it.

I'm very wary about making any attempt at adjustment as I don't want to damage the self levelling unit which I assume costs a fortune to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom