Headrest screens 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Thought id share my hard work installing headrest screens in my C36.

was toying with the idea for ages and i finally did it! bought some BN s-class headrests cheap on fleabay, bought some Alpine TME-M780 screens, and hacked away for a few weekends. enjoy!

screen close up
DSC00111.jpg

both screens
DSC00108.jpg

both screens on
DSC00110.jpg

screen close up
DSC00111.jpg

finally, screens with covers
DSC00107.jpg

ive taken some pics of the process so i will construct a quick how to soon.

Very nice, like the screen covers.
I have been wondering about a screen option for my AMG as the Alpine stereo is DVD player to, Have you got a screen up front?
You say you used "S" class headrests any reason or was it just so you could keep yours untouched.

Very nice, like the screen covers.
I have been wondering about a screen option for my AMG as the Alpine stereo is DVD player to, Have you got a screen up front?
You say you used "S" class headrests any reason or was it just so you could keep yours untouched.

ive got the IVA-D310RB up front, touch screen DVD, you can connect up rear screens directly to this, but i used an alpine Video selector which enables me to select different output on rear screens to what is showing\playing up front.

I bought a new set of headrests so that I can replace the original ones untouched if\when I sell the car, the s-class headrests are exactly the same as the c-class ones, they were dirt cheap on fleabay so I bought them (abt a year ago!)

WOW, now thats a dam good job you done there and using only the best make, Alpine ofcourse. Well done Alps another top notch mod.

excellent neat job.

well done!

very, very clean i like the job you did,

can't wait for the "HOW TO"

so where is the unit that the DVD plays from?

Also the wires where do they run?

i really like this..

congrats

Nice job! Would love to do this to mine (And it would be an excuse to add more stuff to my car ;) )

looking forward to the HOW TO :D

Normally with headrest screens the wires are run through the tubes, I presume this is what Alps has done (I'm sure he'll confirm soon :))

Will

Normally with headrest screens the wires are run through the tubes, I presume this is what Alps has done (I'm sure he'll confirm soon :))

Will

normally , yes! but the headrest I had (and I think Majority of MB`s) have a solid pole!

as the headrest is always down the wire was tied up against the top of the pole and routed beside the plastic pole holder with enough slick to lift the headrest if needed. When the headrest is down, you cannot see it.

Then it was routed to the back of the seat. There is only 1 control box for these screens which is in the back of the seat, all power and AV cables are run from the boot, under the carpet and come up with the heated seat wiring.

Now you come to say it, you're right - I remember someone else who had this problem a few years ago when fitting screens into a w202.

I *think* they used the original MB headrests with BMW headrest tubes to get around the problem.

Will

very very nice mate...

i was going to do this on the SEC... then i remembered that no one has EVER sat in the back!

Great job Alps.

very very nice mate...

i was going to do this on the SEC... then i remembered that no one has EVER sat in the back!

Jay "No Mates"

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

very very nice mate...

lol, it took a 16 mnth old that started getting bored for me to do the mod.... no-one ever sat in the back on my car either until the little monster arrived ;)

lol, it took a 16 mnth old that started getting bored for me to do the mod.... no-one ever sat in the back on my car either until the little monster arrived ;)

How long did this mod take from start to finish Alps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom