Heads up - M6 GOLF R32 undercover Police car!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Guys & Gals, watch out!

About 10miles south of Birmingham on the M6 today I saw a Gunmetal Sliver Golf R32 undercover Policecar, complete with total tint blacked out windows pull over a van.

The car looked almost 'Barry' with its full blacked out windows, would never have expected it to be a Police car.

Its a pity it couldnt have caught the white new shape Impreza weaving in and out of the hardshoulder at around 130Mph 10 miles later :wallbash:

Last edited:
I think its unfair that they're doing that.. thats almost like putting up cameras in an area without signposts.

I think its unfair that they're doing that.. thats almost like putting up cameras in an area without signposts.

yes it's an outrage.....every criminal should be given a fair chance of getting away with it ;)

Since when has breaking the speed limit been a crime Mrs Daisy?

That could prove interesting when pulling someone for the blackout tints on their car.

"Pot, this is kettle, colour check, over"

easy way to spot unmarked cars.. they will have little blue lights stuck to each corner of bumpers.

full tints? allowed?

yes it's an outrage.....every criminal should be given a fair chance of getting away with it ;)

yes and that means the police should have really slow cars to give criminals a fair chance of getting away. An unmarked R32 is a highly unsporting device and I call foul play.

Think about the SUV thread, the M3 could outrun the R32, the X5M not a hope in hell. Its BMWs subtle way of ensuring total compliance

easy way to spot unmarked cars.. they will have little blue lights stuck to each corner of bumpers.

full tints? allowed?

West Yorkshire also have a Golf but it's a MK2 :eek: you would never spot it in a million years, no ariels, no extra mirrors, no bumper led's or grill strobes, just a simple blue strobe they whip out and stick on the dash and a pop up matrix sign on the rear shelf, stealth or what? Beware on the M62.

Full tints, hope there's nothing forward of the b pillar, whats the lawa 70% light transmission through windsceen and front side windows? Time for a check with the Tintman me thinks :D

Last summer I drove through Albania with an Albanian friend. The police kept flagging us down and my friend just put his foot down harder on the accelerator rather than stopping, haha!

I said to him "what are u doing???" and he replied "They just want to take money from us". (even though we did nothing wrong, they want to be bribed)

The police in the country side don't even have cars to chase you, they flag you down on foot. In the more urban areas, they drive really old cars, so they never had a chance to catch us! It was quite exciting, haha! :D

full tints? allowed?

If you had this R32 in your rear view mirror in the fast lane, I doubt very much you would be able to spot its 'hidden' lights.

Dunno about the R32 but the lights are usually concealed within the grille. in BMWs this is easy to spot as the slats in the kidney grille go up and down and between these slats if you see strips etc you've spied him.

The 2 arials, 2 mirror thing is a myth but a set of LEDs/strobes in a grille means a cop on the sly. If they have a model where the slats are very large (and the gaps between them small) like an R32 the lights will be nigh on impossible to spot. The BMWs have much larger spacing between them

M61 this morning near M6 junction - unmarked dark grey/ black Volvo S80 totoally inconspicuous - wouldn't know it was police other than its rear fogs and front blue grill lights were flashing while the driver he had pulled over was being "processed". Definately not fair at all.

Dunno about the R32 but the lights are usually concealed within the grille. in BMWs this is easy to spot as the slats in the kidney grille go up and down and between these slats if you see strips etc you've spied him.

The 2 arials, 2 mirror thing is a myth but a set of LEDs/strobes in a grille means a cop on the sly. If they have a model where the slats are very large (and the gaps between them small) like an R32 the lights will be nigh on impossible to spot. The BMWs have much larger spacing between them

Seen a Dark Blue BMW 3 series just like that in Wiltshire - he was edging me to exceed a 30mph limit and looking back I saw the rectangular lights, one in each aperture....

Seen a Dark Blue BMW 3 series just like that in Wiltshire - he was edging me to exceed a 30mph limit and looking back I saw the rectangular lights, one in each aperture....

Aye, the new E90 3 series seems popular with plod-I get the impression they are pretty tough and durable cars. Shame their lights are too easy to spot.

I do the brighton to gatwick drive eachday..have a few unmarked cars roaming this side of the A23..used to be a W203 silver C320..easily spotted bec of heavy rear(all the video equipment) and aerials sticking out where no normal W203 would have..this was 3years back..since then,have seen 2 silver Evo's, a BMW E92..What threw me off the other day was I spotted on the opposite side of A23 a BMW 1 series..silver having stopped this lad..no way would anyone have expected a BMW 1 series..

When I drive at "70mph", I normally slow down when i see a high performance car..never this days..the cops do have very nice toys these days..:D:D:D

Forwards of the 'B' pillar , 70% light transmission must be available - as long as this is allowed then 'mild' tints are permitted .

I saw a few months back a black focus ST mk2 cop car it had the blue led lights in the rear window pulling a golf over on the M25 near j11, and 2 months before that i got pulled over by a E92 bmw coupe unmarked this was a COUPE??? what are they playin at!

I saw a few months back a black focus ST mk2 cop car it had the blue led lights in the rear window pulling a golf over on the M25 near j11,

Recently I've seen a blue and a silver Focus ST on the M6 both 'in action.' I've also seen an 03 plate silver Skoda Octavia further East also on the pull.

Looks like the pheasants have now got guns and are firing back...

Grey BMW estate on the A30 Cornwall last year with dog guard in back. Fluorescent tube in rear window illuminated with police stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom