Heated seats... coming soon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,
I am looking for it too.
Can someone help?

I have the part numbers for the pin housings, two parts and the pins are from another company but fit the housings as they should, never did find the MB part numbers.

Hi.
I'm new on here having just bought my first Merc - CLK 320 CDI
Would really love to retro fit seat heaters and reading this great write up I think the same proceedure will apply to a CLK.
Busy getting details of all the stuff I need but have a couple of questions:
1. Does the new switch pack need Star to get it working or is it all OK if you just disconnect the battery?
2. Does command need a code if I disconnect the battery? Docs with the car don't show any code.
2. What is the part number for the switch pack - I think A203 870 68 10 ? (From what I can see W209 calls up the same pack as W203)
Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
Dave

Prices seem to have risen somewhat in the years since this install - stealer now wants£200 + VAT for the switch pack :doh:
Back to ebay :mad:
Any comments on above questions ?

Intentional bump of this old thread to say how useful it is, 4 years since its origin.

I have the pads from DK Schweiszer- £127 delivered- they were very helpful and were happy to sell me just the parts only.

I have my loom on order from Mercedes- £33.

Switchpack is the slight stumbling block as MB want £225 for one, I bought one on ebay but annoyingly the clips were broken.... Still looking each day and as soon as I have one I will be carrying out this task!!

Hi, Are you still looking for a switch pack?

Well I have both available, the old pre and facelift switch packs.

Just a word for anyone wanting to fit heated seats to a W124, and possibly others, using non standard pads (eg Scweizer and others) but the MB loom. The plug and pins from a W126 headlamp wiper motor fit perfectly including the plastic locating peg, and with matching pin numbering. If you want to buy new the p/ns are

Cover to the plug A0095452128
Plug A0155454928
Round pin bushing A0035452626

The pin is a longer one than needed, but appears to be made to be sawn of with a fine modelling/hacksaw to the correct height as there is a slot at just the correct point.

Well I have both available, the old pre and facelift switch packs.

what's the part number for the facelift one you have ? and which switches does it have ?

lsaxh78 sounds like he is more in need of it than me at this point in time, so i'd suggest he has first refusal as he hs the heating pads etc and sounds like he's half way through the install job, whereas i will fit the cable loom and switch pack as and when i have them/have time and then swap the seats later.

It has heated seats both sides, esp , door lock and what looks like electric headrest.

Part number A203 870 95 10

I would have to pass - mine has the parking sensors switch and at least one button connected with the alarm and disabling certain features

The headrest switch, is for the rear headrests, and i believe they are air activated, and the button makes the rests move to the lowered position for better visibility out the back (only fitted to saloons/estates - although would have been more use on coupes !)

Ok no problem, I remember on our C class we had a switch that dropped the rear head rests.

Really good informative thread...interesting what the 'stealer' told the op, seemed they had no clue...

QUOTE guy at MB pulled up the same diagram, and then proceeded to tell me I couldn't install heated seats myself lol! I had to persuade him to sell me the loom. He also advised I needed to buy 2 looms, one for each side, I had a feeling that was BS as the switchpack only has one connector for the heated seats. I only purchased one loom and it does cover both seats

The dealers have no idea anyway about anything!
I get on well with my parts guys and they now understand that upgrades can be done and are very help full with it now, when I first started out they gave a simple cannot be done mate.

Thanks for the offer zenman but I finally bought the switch pack yesterday- out of a 2010 CLC with all the buttons I needed- ESP and Front Parking sensor switch!!

So I am ready to go!!!

I laid the switches, loom and seat pads out yesterday, all plugged in..... But I have a question....... How did you guys who have done this join the wires on the pads to the MB loom?

The heat pads have a connector each, on the base and back. I know these won't join straight up to the MB loom but if I join them together and then to the MB loom will it work, there's 2 wires on the MB loom and 2 on the pads- these will be a pos ve and neg ve for the 12 so it should all work but am just checking......

Here's some pics:

Last edited:
Yes it will work fine, power and ground is all there is.
I fitted MB plugs and sockets but any connector will do.

Ok nice one. Thanks.

You don't happen to know the part number for the MB plugs do you?

The black (approx 2inch one) is the one for the MB loom.

So if I buy the plug I will join the 2 pad ones together and have it looking as Factory fit as possible.

Cheers.

Yes but I will have to find them again.
I did post on here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom