Heated seats... coming soon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picking up on this thread.

Am I right to assume if I purchase the following as per zenman63's post:

A000 906 17 00 back rest element
A000 906 16 00 seat cushion

The pads can be cut and fitted to my 203 coupe? I am finding it difficult to find them on EPC under the generic 203 with all options.

Many thanks

They should cut to fit any seat, there out a sprinter so you will not find them on a 203 on epc.

They should cut to fit any seat, there out a sprinter so you will not find them on a 203 on epc.

Just picking up on this thread.

Will these pads come with the correct connector plug to fit a 203 wiring harness?

Digging up a corpse thread...

I'm going to give this a whirl on my CLK 209. Got a switch panel on eBay (£12 delivered!) and I'm about to order a loom. Will the loom be the same W203 part for the 209?

Genuine seats covers are way too dear - If I were to buy those sprinter pads would they connect straight up to the 203 loom?

I really want to make this plug & play. My dash is apart anyway so now is the time.

Digging up a corpse thread...

I'm going to give this a whirl on my CLK 209. Got a switch panel on eBay (£12 delivered!) and I'm about to order a loom. Will the loom be the same W203 part for the 209?

Genuine seats covers are way too dear - If I were to buy those sprinter pads would they connect straight up to the 203 loom?

I really want to make this plug & play. My dash is apart anyway so now is the time.

i also wanted to do this for my 209 lol but seems too much effort to dismantle the seat haha

i also wanted to do this for my 209 lol but seems too much effort to dismantle the seat haha
Hmm I might fit the switches and loom then find a pro to fit the seat pads & connect it up.

My dash is in pieces as, I hate to tell you (!) my pioneer app radio has been sent away to have a new screen fitted :confused:

Can someone confirm that the side of the harness with the ground goes on the left (passenger) side?

There's a ground either side it could fit to. Wouldn't half trigger my inner OCD if the left button ends up turning on the right seat & vice versa - I would just have to rip it all out again!

Can someone confirm that the side of the harness with the ground goes on the left (passenger) side?

There's a ground either side it could fit to. Wouldn't half trigger my inner OCD if the left button ends up turning on the right seat & vice versa - I would just have to rip it all out again!
Did you ever complete this?

Cheers Zenman63! :thumb:

Did you manage to do this? Using the part numbers ZenMan supplied?

Pins x54/29.A2 and A1.

looks like you could buy the heater pads from a 906 and make them fit any seat.

A000 906 17 00 back rest element
A000 906 16 00 seat cushion
Theses will come with the plugs on and will trim to fit.

Hi mate, sorry to revive this. Looking to have this retrofitted to my clk. Do you remember how much these pads are from MB? I heard DK supply for the front seats circa £150 all in (also read above)
cheers

No idea what they cost, have you looked if your car has a separate pad as some do, I am about to fit factory pads to the rear of my ML63, I priced them only yesterday.
The rear ML pads are the same part number for both sides but there is a top and bottom part number so 4 pads in total and around £90 each so not cheap.
Just phone MB parts and ask.

Did you manage to do this? Using the part numbers ZenMan supplied?
Hi the harness and switch panel is in but I haven't got around to the seat pads yet. Would like to get the DK pads and fit them myself because the whole job would be barely over £200 then but I'm a bit scared to rip the seats apart!

Knowing me I'll have it done in time for summer

Hi mate, sorry to revive this. Looking to have this retrofitted to my clk. Do you remember how much these pads are from MB? I heard DK supply for the front seats circa £150 all in (also read above)
cheers
BTW I got the harness from Listers on eBay, my local dealer said it wasn't available (i.e they couldn't be ****d to find it)

Hi the harness and switch panel is in but I haven't got around to the seat pads yet. Would like to get the DK pads and fit them myself because the whole job would be barely over £200 then but I'm a bit scared to rip the seats apart!

Knowing me I'll have it done in time for summer

I emailed DK and they said they only supply and fit :(

No idea what they cost, have you looked if your car has a separate pad as some do, I am about to fit factory pads to the rear of my ML63, I priced them only yesterday.
The rear ML pads are the same part number for both sides but there is a top and bottom part number so 4 pads in total and around £90 each so not cheap.
Just phone MB parts and ask.

Just emailed MB, each one is £147 so around £600 for 4.
Cheers

BTW I got the harness from Listers on eBay, my local dealer said it wasn't available (i.e they couldn't be ****d to find it)

Can you give me the p/n of the harness you got please? There’s a few and it’s confusing, has yours got memory seats too? I’m vconfused if the heater is an additional harness to memory or if I’m looking for a memeory and heated in one harness??

Cheers
Abs

Hi the harness I bought is A203 540 3005. No mem seats on mine - I very much doubt the harness would be linked because that function wouldn't be connected to the dash buttons if you see what I mean...

Hi the harness I bought is A203 540 3005. No mem seats on mine - I very much doubt the harness would be linked because that function wouldn't be connected to the dash buttons if you see what I mean...

Is yours pre or post facelift?

Mines a pre-facelift but I have the facelift dash installed. So I think I should go for the facelift harness as it supports 3 stage heating which my switch pack supports?

Wouldn't have thought the wires would matter here, think its the upper control unit (switch pack) which generates the electrical pulses which provide the different stages of heating.

We know now (via Killerhertz) that the facelift switch pack connects to the pre facelift harness, what we don't know is whether there any differences at the seat (or anything else) connections - presumably your seats are pre facelift vintage.

Haven't done this myself, so prepared to be advised to the contrary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom