Heated Seats damaged Leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blacklight124

Car
C180 SE Exec w COMAND
Hey Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help here with info...

So ive noticed smooth patches on the left hand back support of the driver's seat (W204).

The car was in for a service today and the garage has actually admitted that the damage to the leather has been caused by the heated seat element in that part & its quite common BUT its not covered by the used car warranty.

Does this sound right? cos I wouldnt say so. Sounds like a component fault thats damaged a part of the car!??

Also, I couldnt really find anything else online about it so not sure how common it actually is.

Cheers in advance for any info/advice

I bought my 07 SLK from an MB main dealer in 2011 with a one year tier warranty.

After about 3 months I noticed the heated drivers seat got very hot in one small area and nowhere else.

Took it back to the dealers. They confirmed the problem, confirmed it was covered by the warranty, and replaced the seat base without argument.

good luck!

Hey, just seen this reply, been busy getting married haha. Thanks. I'll challenge them on it then. Worth calling Me about it maybe? As in, any way I can get confirmation from a higher power? Haha

Thanks again

Hey folks,

Ok so after chasing Mercedes Benz Customer service & getting the garage to take photos Ive finally got a decision out of them.

They're offering 51% good will. Claiming its a failure but not a warranty failure. or not a manufacturing fault. Thats leaving me with a £250 bill.

Anyone else had any experience with this. Any help is appreciated as Im quite surprised.

Since I last posted Ive used the heated seats once and I could actually smell burning. Fearing a fire, Ive not used them since.

Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom