Heater Question 190D Car on the Bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skunkworks

Car
Mitsubishi Delica
Hi

Thought about looking at this today, not exactly what I want, but could be a short term solution to my Mercedes need.

1992 MERCEDES 190D DIESEL WHITE on eBay (end time 31-Jan-11 20:03:50 GMT)

Question, anybody any idea, how much of a job its' likely to be to get that heater working. Is this a common problem with this version. I know the car looks a bit rough........but i'm still tempted even though its not a 300d.

Is it worth a look?

Hope ive posted in the right area if not apologies and please feel free to move.

Thanks

Matt

Is there heat in the heater matrix & it's just the blower that needs replacing or is the matrix blocked & cold?

If it's the matrix it's a nightmare to replace & I wouldn't touch the car. If it's the blower it's an hour if you've done it before, 2 if you haven't & 3 if you're a klutz.
A guide to getting to the heater blower

One thing not mentioned in that guide that is a good idea is to heat up the plastic box that shields the blower to make it more maleable. They're prone to cracking if very cold. Also, be very careful with the wiper mechanism not to crack your windscreen on the way out & back in.

GSF or ECP for the new blower @ approx £60.

Last edited:
Thanks Neil, still pondering if this car is worth the drive out, its about a 100 mile round trip, and i've got a feeling that it may be a bit of a nail. Think i'll leave it. Its not what i'm after.

Probably regret that decision later. Normally do.

Thanks

MAtt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom