Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Excoder

Car
Sl500 AMG Sport
I have just found this forum.

I started about 5 years ago with a old SLK230 as my first Mercedes. I kept that car for a few years with no problems apart from condensation in a headlight and then upgraded to a few year old SLK250 CDI. Again a nice car with just a few issues around sensors failing. Very economical to run though as I was getting around 43mpg on average.

In a moment of madness I recently traded it in and bought my current car. This is not economical to run ;) as it is a SL500 AMG Sport.
For some reason I am driving mostly using cruise control which means my long term average after 2.5k miles driven is around 29.4mpg, which is not bad for this model. On longer runs I have even seen 32mpg! Certainly a feel good car and amazing acceleration (compared to all my previous cars) when I put my foot down. I don't do that often as our roads are too busy for that and I want to keep my driving license clean, hence why I drive on cruise control :wallbash:

I haven't seen many of these models around. Any things I should worry about once the warranty is finished?

Attachments

• IMG_4813.jpg
    IMG_4813.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 18
Welcome.

Nice car, love the colour.

Know nothing about that model but plenty on here will.

I have just found this forum.

I started about 5 years ago with a old SLK230 as my first Mercedes. I kept that car for a few years with no problems apart from condensation in a headlight and then upgraded to a few year old SLK250 CDI. Again a nice car with just a few issues around sensors failing. Very economical to run though as I was getting around 43mpg on average.

In a moment of madness I recently traded it in and bought my current car. This is not economical to run ;) as it is a SL500 AMG Sport.
For some reason I am driving mostly using cruise control which means my long term average after 2.5k miles driven is around 29.4mpg, which is not bad for this model. On longer runs I have even seen 32mpg! Certainly a feel good car and amazing acceleration (compared to all my previous cars) when I put my foot down. I don't do that often as our roads are too busy for that and I want to keep my driving license clean, hence why I drive on cruise control :wallbash:

I haven't seen many of these models around. Any things I should worry about once the warranty is finished?
Nice example, glad to find another SL500 fan, how on earth are you managing 29mpg, mine is reading 19.6! Mind you I have only covered 80 miles and Mrs uses it as her shopping trolley..
a5655ad4f4693074d8dcc11962e2d0b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Lovely car. Sorry again, another who knows very little about this car.

Nice example, glad to find another SL500 fan, how on earth are you managing 29mpg, mine is reading 19.6! Mind you I have only covered 80 miles and Mrs uses it as her shopping trolley..
a5655ad4f4693074d8dcc11962e2d0b7.jpg

Avoid town driving and use cruise control keeping this around c.70mph avoid manual acceleration as much as possible. Turn off air conditioning. On a c. 200 mile journey in flowing traffic I achieved 32.6mpg!

Awesome cars the R231.... here's mine......

2u16Jcu.jpg
Nice wheels are they aftermarket or selectable? That is a 63 isn't it? Love the sound of those proper AMG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom