Help : A208 clk 230k - BAS ESP Light Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

razy85

Car
CLK 230
I've got a warning light on the dashboard, BAS ESP , I have that it diagnosed, many faults were voltage faults but we're cleared but the light came back on, took it back and had two main faults , I have uploaded a picture of the fault codes. Has anyone else had a similar problem or any solution??

I've seen replacement parts online but quite expensive nearly £500 but I did find a website that offers a rebuild for about £200 with life time warranty, which seems like the best option. the car is very low mileage for age just under 60k so don't understand why I'm getting this fault but the last owner did barely use the car, just over 10k in 7years, maybe it's because of that.......Anyways I will really appreciate any help and advice, thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how to reset the Windows on my clk a208? ive seen a few different instructions on this but I'm not sure if it's worked?

Thank you

Last edited:
I've tried to upload a picture but not sure if it is working.....?? Please let me know if you can view the image.

Faults:

C1000-128
Check control unit n47-5 ( ESP and HAS control module)
Check power supply of component n47-5( ESP and HAS control module)

C1141-004
Pressure sensors : zero point offset error of component B34/2 (ESP Pressure sensor 2)

If the car is going to be a keeper I would replace the battery. Mine isn't driven during the winter and for the first week of summer I also got the BAS/ESP coming on if I booted it. The battery was old and so I replaced it. Problem hasn't occurred since.

Thanks for your reply, but I have a brand new battery, which was put in buy the previous owner, and honestly plan to keep the car for a long time.....amazing car ? The indepentant Mercedes garage, where I got it diagnosed said just replace the part, the actual component? It's doesn't effect the drive or anything.....but don't want it to lead to any major problem as I've only had the car about a month....

To reset your windows fully open them on the button, close fully and hold the button a few seconds. Do this for each window switch.

Thanks for the replies

I'm not going to just take the previous owners words, I've seen the battery and got a receipt when it was bought in February this year, I'm sure it's a new battery just by looking at it, maybe it's the wrong one??

Current battery is Bosch S4 019

New does not equal without fault.

Check the voltage across the battery terminals with the car off and no accessories on, it should be at least 12.6V for a good battery. Do the same with the car running and no accessories on, you should have at least 14.2V.

If you match or exceed the above figures I'll accept it's a good battery. :)

I would first ensure the battery is fully charged, then replace the brake light switch (Only £12 from ECP). If that doesn't cure the fault, STAR is the next step. You could have a steering angle sensor or ABS sensor faulty. STAR will indicate what is wrong.

I'm amazed with the response time , many thanks guys.....

I will check the voltage of the battery terminal as stated....and update you asap

Also I changed the brake switch light less then a week ago with a genuine New part which did take away the brake stop light switch fault.....also I have diagnosed with a STAR after I changed the brake switch light and the fault codes are above on 2nd reply.....

Once again people thanks a lot for your advice

Have you tried turning the steering wheel lock to lock?. When I had my alternator replaced, the garage couldn't clear the bas and esp lights but after turning the wheel they went out.

Have you tried turning the steering wheel lock to lock?. When I had my alternator replaced, the garage couldn't clear the bas and esp lights but after turning the wheel they went out.

That's because your battery was disconnected.

The light doesn't always come on, it comes on after a long drive but after I stop and start it will reappear but, if I stop driving for a few hours or overnight , the light won't come on straight away and sometimes the light doesn't come on for a week or so....even during long drives and I get happy thinking it's gone but the next day it will appear again....while the light is off everything seems to work fine including esp mode etc but when the light is on, the ESP mode won't work....but everything else is fine cruise control etc....

I had this issue i believe numerous fault can activate this alarm - mine was diagnosed as a Brake light switch . Bought one, about a tenner, fitted it behind the brake peddle Light has never returned in 9 months.

Frustrating when you have a similar car and fault and the thread just stops mid diagnosis. Please guys carry on and tell us others what happened.
I have the dreaded ESP/Bas fault. New brake light switch cleared the BAS bit but the ESP/Bas light is still on. Got an e-bay fault reader that says no faults found. I guess its a star deal now.

As said, be a wheel sensor etc, Star should show what is causing the problem, as long as your 100% sure the battery is good and your Indi has diagnosed the fault codes on Star ( not any other system ) then just replace as indicated. I had same problem on both my previous 10 year but low mileage cars, one was battery and other was wheel sensor ( came back again ) on both front then back wheel

Dear Smart320 This is a different car with a similar fault. Yes new battery fitted. Put a ebay Konnwei KW808 fault reader on it that said no faults showing. I hear the chatter re fault codes. OBDII is the standard used by Mercedes I assume and from the under dash port. However the chatter talks about other codes that some readers wont read from an under bonnet round port? Can you explain?
I hope this car is a keeper. My other is a 1946 Willys jeep that I understand. This CLK is another beast altogether. However I want to learn and understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom