Help, Anti theft protection on Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emc4raz

Car
c220 cdi sport coupe
Hi Just purchased a new ntg4.5 audio, plugged this in was workng for 5 mins or so and now it has come up with anti theft protection activated.

You need to get the 25 pin anti-theft code, and then using Online Xentry do 'Initial Startup' which will upgrade the firmware in the unit, unlock it, code it correctly for the car's options and then update the Mercedes VeDOK database with software/hardware/serial/PIN number

We can do this in Lightwater (m3, j3) for you, but get the PIN number first from whoever you bought it from if you can.

It probably locked when you turned the igniton on ...

Cheers

Richard

Whatever happened to a radio/cassette with only six wires and an aerial plug... Isn't modern technology wonderful?

And expensive .... hence the anti theft protection.

You need to get the 25 pin anti-theft code, and then using Online Xentry do 'Initial Startup' which will upgrade the firmware in the unit, unlock it, code it correctly for the car's options and then update the Mercedes VeDOK database with software/hardware/serial/PIN number

We can do this in Lightwater (m3, j3) for you, but get the PIN number first from whoever you bought it from if you can.

Cheers

Richard
Hi this was bought from eBay the guy does not have the code

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

its a absolute nightmare when the dealer wants 3000 for a stereo

Hi this was bought from eBay the guy does not have the code

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There are places that may be able to get the code for you. If not, return it ad find one that has the PIN

I have tried two companies and they cannot get the code for this, this was one of them, main dealer route, command online can get these for 50 pounds,

Looking at your original message "Hi Just purchased a new ntg4.5 audio,"

- did you buy a new one ? or a used one ?

(brand new ones do not need a PIN, but will still lock up, you have to do the install process with online Xentry)

Richard

Cheers

Richard
Hello, I have a similar problem. But I do have the pin code for the stereo. Any chance you can send me your details. Make a appointment with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom