Help! Can't make a decision. C class colour and interior.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
I must be one of the worst people in the world for making decisions regarding cars. First I can't choose a model and then I can't decide on spec.

Ok, this is where I'm at. I have ordered a c63 estate for April delivery. I am leaning towards magnetite black with black and porcelain interior on the 19" multispokes. I know light colours can be a bit of a problem but the porcelain is on the bolsters and sides rather than running down the middle of the seat. Don't have young kids to ferry round anymore so that is not a worry.
I have no experience of dark Mercedes colours - in fact I have never had a black car before. However the magnetite is not really 'black' if you know what I mean. The problem is I have not seen it on a c class estate and I think that it can look a little hearse like on the E estate. Anyone on here seen it in the flesh? I visited Brooklands today to look at different trim options but they didn't have everything on display(obviously). I liked the albadine grey and the palladium silver but then I start freaking out over interior colours and what will look good with what.
The other extras I have specced are:
Harmon Kardon
Revering camera(for the wife - or that's what I say)
Black ash trim
19" titanium finish alloys
Privacy glass
Luxury climate
DAB radio

Can't make up my mind over the LSD even after reading all posts on it. Guess it would be good for residuals though. Not planning to track the car much although I guess that I will at some stage.
Anything I am missing?
I realise that 'one mans meat' and all that.

Thanks people!

Hello

Black looks superb when clean, but every other time drives you mad.

For me I'm not sure I could live with Black outside.

As for options, no idea whats standard but I would add heated seats, through load facility, panaramic roof

either way let us know what you go for and post the pics

Hello

Black looks superb when clean, but every other time drives you mad.

For me I'm not sure I could live with Black outside.

As for options, no idea whats standard but I would add heated seats, through load facility, panaramic roof

either way let us know what you go for and post the pics

^As above imho,my preference is silver or grey with black interior.

I looked at an Albadine grey with black leather interior one at Brooklands today which I must say looked fantastic. However it was inside on the top floor so I am not sure how it looks in daylight. Keeping black looking clean is what worries me as well - one of the reasons I have not had a black car before.
Heated seats and most other things you can think of ( within reason!) are standard.
Panoramic roof intrigues me.

I looked at an Albadine grey with black leather interior one at Brooklands today which I must say looked fantastic. However it was inside on the top floor so I am not sure how it looks in daylight. Keeping black looking clean is what worries me as well - one of the reasons I have not had a black car before.
Heated seats and most other things you can think of ( within reason!) are standard.
Panoramic roof intrigues me.

The albadine grey looks great in daylight(+ won't show dirt up like black) & looks fantastic with alpaca(light)grey leather,not sure about panoramic glass sunroofs though(there have been a few threads on here re leaks).

black with sand interior .. two tone interiors don't work, it's trying to hard to have some personality.

I would go diamond white and classic red leather ...

C63 estate not available with panoramic roof, is it?

sunroof is standard, isn't it?

Some one on here has a C350Cdi in white with I think sand leather = looks cool.

With the white the pano roof and dark alloys would look cool :)

Designo Mystic red. Sand leather.

Can you get that on a C class?

black with sand interior .. two tone interiors don't work, it's trying to hard to have some personality.

I would go diamond white and classic red leather ...

I sort of get where you're coming from with two tone interiors.
I like the white with the dark multispokes but wonder whether I would still like it in years time.
Anyway, diamond or calcite?! Too many decisions. And what other colour interior looks great with white?
I think I really need to have all possible options lined up in front of me!

I sort of get where you're coming from with two tone interiors.
I like the white with the dark multispokes but wonder whether I would still like it in years time.
Anyway, diamond or calcite?! Too many decisions. And what other colour interior looks great with white?
I think I really need to have all possible options lined up in front of me!

dark multispokes don't work .. they make the wheels disappear.

with apologies to all C63 owners with them, I think they are a bit tacky.

diamond white rocks, it's like a glimmering pearl.

sand also goes very well with white.

I would go with classic red .. deepish red, and not so easy to stain.

As of this month, the C Class is available in Cuprite Brown!

Not sure if it's available on the C63 and to be fair it would be a bold move but I actually think it could work really well and make you stand out.

I had a black C63 with Sahara beige interior and it looked fabulous when it was clean.
The only problem I had was that I liked it to always look immaculate so it became a big chore when I had to keep hosing it down upon my return home after a drive in the rain...:eek:

This time I've gone for a fire opal red with porcelain interior and dark trim. Red seems to be back in this year...Hopefully delivery in April too.

Enjoy the wait it's worth it. :thumb:

M.

Can't speak from experience (yet!) but I went with magnetite black on the coupe with the red/black two tone interior. The saloon I test-drove had the black/porcelian and looked very nice. The black/porcelain was my second option when umming and ahhinmg over interior trim. I went with the lairy option in the end, although having seen it in the flesh (hide?) the red/black is actually fairly restrained.

The good thing about the estate/saloon is it looks less slabby than the coupe can in profile so for my taste it is easier to get away with a wider selection of exterior colour.

I think black estate with black/porcelein designo would look lovely personally

On the slippy diff, it was the first option I ticked on the list. When you have 450bhp going through rear tyres that aren't really that big I'd rather have some mechanical back-up to the electronic systems - don't really want to be swapping tyres every 5000 miles, and there is a chance it may see a couple of tracks during its life

K

That's impressive - I managed to spell "porcelain" in three completely different ways in the same post! :)

K

@MARK said:
As of this month, the C Class is available in Cuprite Brown!

Not sure if it's available on the C63 and to be fair it would be a bold move but I actually think it could work really well and make you stand out.

It also hides rust!!!

Black exterior with privacy glass is a pretty pimp spec IMHO ha ha! - there's a C63 saloon in stock at my local dealership in black with black/red bolster interior, privacy glass and black wheels - even the sales guys said it would take the 'right' person to take it on!

I've got a CDI 250 estate in calcite white, privacy glass, AMG wheels, trim etc with black interior which looks nice and draws appreciative attention.

The silver with black interior is more a stealth spec which my saloon C63 is, the graphite 19's are lovely by the way, also not a fan of the black gloss finish which I think will date quicker and has been said make the wheels look smaller. By the way the graphites are a kind of bi-colour with the inside spoke being slightly darker and really look the mutts.

The demo 63 (saloon) I tried was white with black wheels and red leather which to my eye was very ‘Dubai’, I considered Albadine grey but when I saw it outside quickly went off it, a bit 1999 Fiat Brava?!

Consider the Bentley sales patter: light exterior with dark interior or vice versa. A very personal choice in the end but all part of the fun. Let us know your choice…..
Edd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom