Help! Curbed W205 Front Bumper (Chrome lip)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swaziboy

Car
E53 AMG
Gone and curbed the chrome strip at the bottom of the front bumper :doh:

There are 3 parts to it (left, centre and right) - anyone actually know what they are called as I'm struggling to find the replacements online. If anyone has part numbers I would be very grateful :thumb:

They look simple enough to change myself, and it seems like damaging them is annoyingly easy, but I can't find anywhere to order from.

The car is a W205 AMGLine (Premium Plus).

Any help appreciated :thumb:

For when this happens to anyone else :-(

Right - A205 885 1474 - £55.68
Centre - A205 885 1574 - £55.88
Left - A205 885 1374 - £55.68

I have noticed how low the front bumper appears to be on the W205 compared with my old Mondeo. Already had a couple of close calls.

Even on my old W203 it's really low - annoyingly is dropped onto a kerb at the dealers as there was a dip just in front of the kerb.

Gone and curbed the chrome strip at the bottom of the front bumper :doh:

There are 3 parts to it (left, centre and right) - anyone actually know what they are called as I'm struggling to find the replacements online. If anyone has part numbers I would be very grateful :thumb:

They look simple enough to change myself, and it seems like damaging them is annoyingly easy, but I can't find anywhere to order from.

The car is a W205 AMGLine (Premium Plus).

Any help appreciated :thumb:

Hello,
I'm new over here, i'm from belgium and recently bought my first second hand Mercedes w205 2.2 Amg-line.
The only problem about the car is that the Chrome lip is damaged.
I went to the dealer but he asked about 600€ to replace the Chrome!

Was it hard to take it off yourself and how did you just do this?

Thanks by advanced,
Regards Nico

I haven't done it yet, sorry. I got as far as getting under and looking but failed to see an obvious way of changing them.

If anyone knows how I would be interested in knowing too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom