Help deciding on a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

October

Hi there,
I'm looking at a 2004 C180 Kompressor with 50k miles on the clock.
Thing is - there is no badge on the front of the bonnet, instead, it's set into the grill.
This makes me think that it's a Coupe bonnet on a saloon car - which will raise all sorts of questions regarding the history of the car.

Or was this an option when buying the car new?
Would a Coupe bonnet simply fit onto a saloon C180?

What do you think?

Cheers,
Steve.

media

you only need the bonnet star :) its been modded with a flat badge. look in the for sale section.

Someone has just removed the bonnet star, replaced it with a flat badge and changed the grille for one off ebay...
Common modification... not to my taste though..

easily rectified with a new star badge (£20 from dealer) and the correct grille from ebay.

Looks more like an aftermarket grille and they've just swapped the star for a flat badge, which is a lot easier than changing the complete bonnet

No, the front end of the coupe is different (despite looking similar) so a bonnet, lights, grille and wings from a coupe will not fit the saloon

find out if the engine for this car suffers from oil in the wiring loom . my c180k coupe is off the road at the moment because of this , with a big bill waiting . mine has the m271 engine

This looks like a later car than yours and shouldnt have the same issue.

That car should be galvanised too. So rust issues should be at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom