help needed for new member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cliveroper

Car
mercedes cl500
New to Merc. Just bought mint 2001 CL500.Awesome.Tring to find handbook, command instructions and audio instructions.Thanfully service book present.

I dont know if yours would be the same but when i bought the clk i thought all my handbooks were missing turned out to be under the carpet in the boot on the polystyrene spare wheel cover!

Tony.

The Command manual includes all of the audio options.

Thanks mpg. Just downloaded. I have a weird development. When I start the car it shows no malfunctions. It stays like this until I indicate left. L rear indicator malfunction comes on and the system stays on this and wont scroll. Thelight on dash flashes at double speed. However from outside all is normal and indicator normal. Once car is left parked for 10 mins the sequence starts again.

I have had something similar on a previous MB - kept telling me a bulb was out, but everytime I walked round to check all was fine. Solution for me was to replace the offending bulb & it's partner. ie replace both indicator bulbs. It was something to do with resistance or some other electrical wizardry that meant although the bulbs were working the car wasn't getting quite the right reading from them and hence throwing up an error.

You need to have the codes read on the Star.

When I read about the need to read codes on star for something as simple as a faulty indicator, I get nostalgic about just how easy to maintain my old W126 was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom