HELP - R107 original interior door sticker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evo230

Car
golf r, mercedes 380sl
Hi All

I'm the proud owner of a beautiful gold SL380 convertible.
Unfortunately my ridiculous Mercedes garage when MOT'ing the car took it upon themselves to remove a sticker from the inside of the door shut and replace it with a awful modern sticker advertising their garage telephone numbers.

Sadly I dont have any pictures of the door shut before it was removed so I cannot tell what the original sticker might have been. The Mercedes garage say that they've tried to search but haven't found anything either.

So I wonder whether anybody would be so kind to take pictures of their drivers side door shut just below the lock mechanism so i can see what sort of stickers are there.

Many thanks

There are companies/people on ebay who make and sell very good replica stickers (some in complete sets). I found some for my 30 year old 124 Wagon.

Start by searching ebay for Mercedes SL stickers - SL Decals etc.

I did have a go at printing my own with some success using plain vinyl on a laser jet printer. So if you can find a Google Image you could try that. Downoad it> Scan it> Print to vinyl

There's not a standard sticker in that position afaik. Probably just a previous service sticker.

There was an article in a previous copy of Practical Sportsbikes on this very subject of printing your own replacement decals. If I can find the right one I'll publish the details.

Hi All

I'm the proud owner of a beautiful gold SL380 convertible.
Unfortunately my ridiculous Mercedes garage when MOT'ing the car took it upon themselves to remove a sticker from the inside of the door shut and replace it with a awful modern sticker advertising their garage telephone numbers.

OMG! not that sticker :doh: That's the one that lists all the previous service history of the car right back to the day it was delivered. What a devastating loss. I would sue.

;)

Thanks for the comments guys - if anyone could post pictures of theirs up I'd be really grateful.
The car still has all its original supplying mercedes garage decals so i can probably get a good copy made, but it would be good to know what the sticker may have looked like in the 80's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom