help - sat nav update.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dks123

Car
e220
hi - i have a 2010 E220 saloon. I need to update my sat nave because it is not detecting some new roads. I have no cds in the changer and this is what the screen says:

"Map data verios no,:
2010/2011 (v4.0) EUROPE
Please contact your Mercedes-Benz
partener regarding the
availabilty of new map data"

In simple terms how / what do i do to upgrade to the latest version?? without get ripped off by merc!

thanks

You need to find out what type of hardware you have ntg4, ntg4.5 etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh and if you have comand ntg 4 you are in luck as I have just posted the latest genuine mb satnav update discs on here for less than half the price of new

thanks - how do i find that out ?

Well ntg 4 is fixed screen with a PCMIA slot rather than a USB slot. Is it the wide screen comand you have?

Your car is the same year as mine so should be NTG4, you don't need a pin number to update the maps unlike the later system

Post a pic of yr dash on here and it might be easier to confirm. My satnav update discs say E class 09-11 so I'm sure they are the right ones

This is what I mean
7e2da282bedf5f332afd77e8fe1d897f.jpg

hi - i have a 2010 E220 saloon. I need to update my sat nave because it is not detecting some new roads. I have no cds in the changer and this is what the screen says:

"Map data verios no,:
2010/2011 (v4.0) EUROPE
Please contact your Mercedes-Benz
partener regarding the
availabilty of new map data"

In simple terms how / what do i do to upgrade to the latest version?? without get ripped off by merc!

thanks

Assuming you have Comand and not Audio-50 a 2010 E class will be NTG4.

Audio-50 map disks and Comand map disks are different.

dash pic attached - thanks

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 26
Looking at the generous size of the screen I am inclined to say it is COMAND. It may well be the one that requires a pin as well as the map dvd, so may end up a Mercedes job anyway. My local main dealer did mine a month or so ago for £110 inc VAT. That said I was happy to do that as I am going across europe in a couple of months time.

Mine is a 61 plate but a 2012MY. Even at that price for DVDs, it might still be worth goving your local Mercedes a ring. No harm done in asking. Mercedes Newcastle for example sell the 15/16 maps on ebay for £100 in comparison.

Mr Filipov said:
Mine is a 61 plate but a 2012MY. Even at that price for DVDs, it might still be worth goving your local Mercedes a ring. No harm done in asking. Mercedes Newcastle for example sell the 15/16 maps on ebay for £100 in comparison.

Agree, a friend purchased a disk from a Mb dealer and saved money over the commandonline pricing.

With NTG4, if you're prepared to have not the latest map, you can find genuine DVD's on Ebay for a lot less than new price. Just be careful that you get NTG4 for E class, not W204 DVD's ahich are different.

Mine are the correct ones and latest version for your car and are for sale. Genuine MB less than 1/2 price what you'll pay at MB or 1/3 of comand online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom