Help - SRS Fault Code B1107 (9107) & B1127 (9127)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackrock63

Car
c180
I have a C180 Kompressor 2006 and after I replaced the indicator/wiper cluster I got the following two SRS Faults (Image below)

B1107 (9107) the ignition circuit containing component R12/13 (Driver airbag ignition squib 1) is short-circuit with another ignition circuit
B1127 (9127) the ignition circuit containing component R12/14 (Driver airbag ignition squib 1) is short-circuit with another ignition circuit

I thought I had been careful with the clock switch and locked it when it was off the steering column. I have also checked the wiring and nothing seems obvious in the way of exposed wires.

While trying to replace the indicator/wiper cluster I had terrible trouble getting the steering wheel off as the countersunck bolt was fixed on so damn hard I ended up rounding the Allen key slot and therefore had to painstakenly drill the bolt out!!! As said earlier, I have looked at the wires and nothing seems to be obviously wrong

I did use an electrical contact spray on all of the contacts to clean them (but not the yellow and green contacts on the back of the airbag).

I have searched all forums but can't find the codes listed above and therefore no information on what may be causing the issue or how to fix it. I really don't want to pay out on a new Squib if it isn't the main issue.

Thanks in advance of your help

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpg
    IMG_5389.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom