Help! W202 C180 Infrared Remote Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mun35

Car
C200
Hi

My mum's W202 C180's IR Remote Control has stopped working after battery change. The IR LED lights up on button press, but the doors do not lock/unlock (and no red/green light). The doors lock and unlock perfectly with the spare remote though.

How come the doors refuse to respond to the remote even when the IR seems to work?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
If you've got a smart phone (not iPhone as has a ir filter I think) turn the camera on and point the key at it whilst pressing the buttons. You should see the light come out of it.

Although the little led may light up, check it's actually transmitting it.

If it is then turn your attention to the car.

Sorry I can't help further but it's a start.

If you've got a smart phone (not iPhone as has a ir filter I think) turn the camera on and point the key at it whilst pressing the buttons. You should see the light come out of it.

Although the little led may light up, check it's actually transmitting it.

If it is then turn your attention to the car.

Sorry I can't help further but it's a start.

I can see the light. How do I check if it's actually transmitting?

If the remote fob is without battery power for more than one minute then the remote fob needs to be synchronized to the car.

To synchronized the remote, point it at the mirror?/door? sensor and press the button and turn on the ignition with the remote key WITHIN 30 seconds.

What year is the car?

Dec

If the remote fob is without battery power for more than one minute then the remote fob needs to be synchronized to the car.

To synchronized the remote, point it at the mirror?/door? sensor and press the button and turn on the ignition the remote key WITHIN 30 seconds.

Dec

Oh, right. So you mean, press the button as if I was unlocking the door and turn on the ignition within 30 secs?

Yes.
What year is the car?

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom