Help with vibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi all,

Recently bought a e250 on 14 plate and 13k miles.
When car is cruising along and you go to accelerate there is a very slight vibration through drivers seat also very slight through floor of car. Only happens when engine comes under load. Don't know if it's a characteristic of the car that I've tuned into. It more noticeable on motorways as obviously that's when the car can settle into a steady cruise.
It's less noticeable if car is in sport mode.
Anyone had anything like this.? It's really starting to annoy me
Car is under manufacturers warranty so I know I could give to them but wanted to try to pin it down a bit more.

Thanks

I would start with rear wheel balance and get them to inspect the alloys and tyres at the same time, possibly a wheel out of 'true' or a tyre which is slightly oval.

I wouldn't expect it to be a driveline or gearbox issue at that age and mileage.

I would start with rear wheel balance and get them to inspect the alloys and tyres at the same time, possibly a wheel out of 'true' or a tyre which is slightly oval.

I wouldn't expect it to be a driveline or gearbox issue at that age and mileage.

If it was the wheels wouldn't it be there all the time and not just on gentle acceleration when engine is under load?

Car is under manufacturers warranty so I know I could give to them but wanted to try to pin it down a bit more

You want a bunch of people on the internet to pin down a fault on a car they can't see or drive so that you can tell the manufacturer what the problem is?

Er, OK

Nick Froome

You want a bunch of people on the internet to pin down a fault on a car they can't see or drive so that you can tell the manufacturer what the problem is?

Er, OK

Nick Froome

No I was just hoping to be able to pin it down a bit more but I understand your view. I just don't have much faith in main dealers. Thought someone may have had similar.

Hi, my dad has a e250 cdi 2012 and I notice the same issue, it comes when gently accelerating up a gradient but if you use the kick down it goes away. I looked at all sorts, property shaft donuts, wheels,and even had transmission serviced but to no avail. I was then told it could be the dpf regeneration process causing the vibrations, I have yet to solve it and have resided to accept it as part of the cars make-up. Would be grateful if you could share the root cause if you are able to solve it. If car is still under warranty have merc investigate it.

If it was the wheels wouldn't it be there all the time and not just on gentle acceleration when engine is under load?

Possibly, but worth checking. It may be that when not under load the small vibrations are being absorbed by the rubber and/or suspension.

Take it back and get a Merc mechanic to ride along with you so you can demonstrate the issue.

Hi, my dad has a e250 cdi 2012 and I notice the same issue, it comes when gently accelerating up a gradient but if you use the kick down it goes away. I looked at all sorts, property shaft donuts, wheels,and even had transmission serviced but to no avail. I was then told it could be the dpf regeneration process causing the vibrations, I have yet to solve it and have resided to accept it as part of the cars make-up. Would be grateful if you could share the root cause if you are able to solve it. If car is still under warranty have merc investigate it.

That is exactly the symptoms I will take it in after Christmas and let you know why they say. On the honest John website others have had same issue and had new software and a gearbox service (fluid change) done under warranty. They say it's still there but to a lesser extent

Ok cheers keep me posted on outcome if any

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom