Hi from Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brizzle

Car
Mercedes C220 (W204)
Hi folks, thought I'd better pop in here and introduce myself. My real name is Steve and I hail from Bristol.

I owned an E200 Kompressor many years ago and have always regretted selling it. Over the intervening years I've owned a number of Land Rover Discoveries before buying my present car earlier this year. Currently I own a Saab 9-5 Vector Sport estate which is great fun to drive and really comfortable but the Mercedes niggle is back and I can't seem to resist it this time.

I'm currently looking at either a C or E class estate from 2003-2006 with a budget of about £2000, but all the ones on Autotrader are too far away. I'm reluctant to go the eBay route having been bitten before.

So, I'm here to get info and knowledge on these cars before I bite the bullet. Any insights and/or tips will be gratefully received.

Steve

Many thanks for the welcome ... I hope I can find something soon too :)

Welcome from me too.

There were several changes/upgrades/ facelifts to these cars in the 2000's. Principle ones were improvements to rust proofing in the early years and the elimination of SBC brakes in the E class cars. The V6 and V8 petrol engines had problems with their timing gear also- basically the later the better applies to all as the various weaknesses were eliminated over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom