Hi from North Wales!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brabus1408

Car
Mercedes C320 CDI
Hi guys,

Just saying hello to the forum community.

I own a Brabus-modified/re-mapped C-320 CDI, which I enjoy tweaking (and sometimes driving too, lol) on a regular basis! :D

Anyway, thought I'd join up so I can shoot the breeze with you guys, share some experiences and learn some stuff, too. So looking forward to contributing.

For anyone interested, here are a few pics of me ol' jalopy:

5SSawH.jpg

uVqUFS.jpg

T1drg7.jpg

9dAzi5.jpg

After fitting some new Mandrus 19" alloys and a Longlife stainless steel quad-exhaust system:

pajrV5.jpg

aXx9Qn.jpg

30O7dX.jpg

Marco.

Welcome mate. I`m in Wrexham too, I`ll keep an eye out for you :thumb:

I was wondering what round, quad tailpipes would look like....looks great!

Looks very nice. Makes my stock silver w211 e320cdi look very sober

Welcome mate. I`m in Wrexham too, I`ll keep an eye out for you :thumb:

I was wondering what round, quad tailpipes would look like....looks great!

Nice one, mate, what's your name? It's a wonder you haven't seen me around. The car does tend to get noticed, often for the wrong reasons, lol! :D

Bet your AMG is gorgeous!

Yeah, the Longlife quad SS exhaust system/pipes looks cool and made a significant difference to both the looks (compared with the original Brabus ones), and also the tone of the engine, as the whole system was bespoke made for the car.

The guy I use, who's absolutely superb and highly recommended for exhausts and engine-tuning/remapping is based in Oswestry: https://www.longlife.co.uk/Longlife-Oswestry

He does Mercs and Audis, as well as BMWs. Kevin is really top-notch! :thumb:

Marco.

Last edited:
Looks very nice. Makes my stock silver w211 e320cdi look very sober

Lol... I'm sure your car is lovely. Sometimes I wish mine looked a bit more sober too! ;)

Btw, if anyone is looking for a fully working Brabus D6iii tuning box (compatible with C320 and C350 CDIs), in great condition with full wiring loom, I'll be advertising one in the classifieds (at a *very* good price), as soon as I've reached the required posting quota :cool:

Marco.

Nice one, mate, what's your name? It's a wonder you haven't seen me around. The car does tend to get noticed, often for the wrong reasons, lol! :D

Bet your AMG is gorgeous!

Yeah, the Longlife quad SS exhaust system/pipes looks cool and made a significant difference to both the looks (compared with the original Brabus ones), and also the tone of the engine, as the whole system was bespoke made for the car.

The guy I use, who's absolutely superb and highly recommended for exhausts and engine-tuning/remapping is based in Oswestry: https://www.longlife.co.uk/Longlife-Oswestry

He does Mercs and Audis, as well as BMWs. Kevin is really top-notch! :thumb:

Marco.

If I`d seen you I`d remember yours :D My C350 is ok...not mint like my previous car but it`ll do for now.

I know a guy in Llay who fabricates his own exhausts too...had a couple of systems in the past....won`t be spending loads on this one in case I don`t have it long ;)

Ha - you'd probably have heard it, Steve! :D

It gets washed regularly at Charlies car wash, beside the Gresford roundabout, if you know where that is... Maybe you use it yourself?

Yeah, makes sense not spending too much on your AMG, if you might not be keeping it long.

The Brabster's been a wee bit pampered, lol. It's had all sorts done to it. I love driving it, as it goes like sh*t off a shovel! :cool:

Marco.

my kind of taste - stealth. What sort of power is this running at?

Hi,
Cheers. Stealth is also my bag.

After I had the existing turbo fully professionally refurbed (new bearings, etc), DPF deleted, quad exhaust system fitted, and then a full sports remap (psi and injectors, gearbox maxed out, etc), it returned 320bhp and 510 ft lbs of torque.

Yes, you could say it's quite quick.... ;)

Marco.

Hi Marco,

Car's looking good, as black always does when it's clean, just keeping it that way. :)

Although not from N Wales myself, I'm often over in Rosset visiting friends, so will keep an eye out for it on my next trip. Not till July now though, real life has caught up. :(

Ha - you'd probably have heard it, Steve! :D

It gets washed regularly at Charlies car wash, beside the Gresford roundabout, if you know where that is... Maybe you use it yourself?

Yeah, makes sense not spending too much on your AMG, if you might not be keeping it long.

The Brabster's been a wee bit pampered, lol. It's had all sorts done to it. I love driving it, as it goes like sh*t off a shovel! :cool:

Marco.

Haha. I know where Charlies is but would never use a car wash of any type personally :D

My C350 is just "AMG styling" btw :thumb:

Maybe we should organise a run across the Horseshoe pass as a meet. - I don't live in Wrexham, but I did used to live near Mold.

Obviously if you know of better driving roads in the area, make the suggestion. - My experience is that the Ponderosa Café gets busy, and if you're following bikes you can enjoy the drive but it's really easy to get stuck behind someone slow in a car.

Hi Dave,

Hi Marco,

Car's looking good, as black always does when it's clean, just keeping it that way. :)

Cheers, mate. Yeah I know - I spend plenty of time keeping it clean. I enjoy it, though :cool:

Although not from N Wales myself, I'm often over in Rosset visiting friends, so will keep an eye out for it on my next trip. Not till July now though, real life has caught up. :(

Nice one. I know Rossett well (my wife was born in Gresford). We eat at The Machine House now and then (formally Churtons wine bar): Home - Machine House

Yeah, keep an eye out, or failing that when my PM system is active, let me know when you're in my area, and you'd be welcome to pop round and check out the Brabster :)

Marco.

Haha. I know where Charlies is but would never use a car wash of any type personally :D

I know what you mean - I'd never go near the ones in petrol stations, with those high-speed spinning nylon brushes, which completely ruin your paintwork, but at Charlies your car is 100% hand-washed and then finally hand-dried (after a quick spin through the electric drying machine).

Plus, since I've had the car detailed, I always bypass the pre-wash spray, the chemicals in which dull the paintwork, and the guys there always do a really good job, so I've no complaints - and you can see how my car looks! ;)

My C350 is just "AMG styling" btw :thumb:

Ah I see, still a nice car, though!

Marco.

Maybe we should organise a run across the Horseshoe pass as a meet. - I don't live in Wrexham, but I did used to live near Mold.

Yup, good idea. I'd be well up for that :thumb:

Obviously if you know of better driving roads in the area, make the suggestion. - My experience is that the Ponderosa Café gets busy, and if you're following bikes you can enjoy the drive but it's really easy to get stuck behind someone slow in a car.

That's true, and I know what you mean about the Ponderosa, but it's still a nice road and the scenery is superb! Some of the roads around Snowdonia are also fab :cool:

Marco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom