High mileage SLK320, buy or run.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t140v

Car
Lexus
Hi all, new member to the site looking to buy a SLK320, have seen quite a nice example but has 170,000 miles on the clock, full MB srevice history.

Take a chance or run away.

Regards Stuart.

If it is genuine full MB history (verifiable) and the price was right, I see no reason not to buy…this type of vehicle would normally have a receipt file from the former owner too. I personally would not accept a paper MB service book (without supporting receipts) as these can be bought on Ebay; MB electronic service record only for me if no receipts present.

If it is genuine full MB history (verifiable) and the price was right, I see no reason not to buy…this type of vehicle would normally have a receipt file from the former owner too. I personally would not accept a paper MB service book (without supporting receipts) as these can be bought on Ebay; MB electronic service record only for me if no receipts present.

Where would I be able to get hold of the MB electronic service record, or is something the seller would have.

You would have to approach a friendly dealer and ask if the vehicle (index number) is on their system and is indeed fully serviced by them.

Thanks for the advice might have a look at it this afternoon.

Regards Stuart.

My main concerns would be about the condition of the bodywork and the functioning of the hard top (in addition to Giantvanman's comments).

Is it a private sale or dealer?

Its a dealer selling it its an 02, been wifes car for last 5 years.

Regards Stuart

Oh forgot to mention check the auto box works properly and find out if it's had a fluid change.

Took one look at it and ran, inside dirtier than a skip.

Thanks for advice.

Looking at a cleaner lower mileage one today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom