Holidays...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Greetings! Although most of you didn't notice, I went on holiday for 3 weeks. When I cam back, I was told that my car had a "great battery"... upon enquiring how they knew, I was told my cars alarm went off for an "infinite amount of time"... Now my questions are...
- Is it normal that the alarm just goes off on its own without anyone touching it? (second time this has happened)
- If I leave my car standing for 3 weeks-ish, should I disconnect the battery (thus making hte alarm go off?) or put it on trickle charge/maintain charge or something else?
THanks,
mcihele

My car alarm goes off during high-winds sometimes, I suspect this might have something to do with dust being blown around in the car tripping the internal sensors.

The Voyager's alarm went off the other day in high winds. First time it's ever happened. Was a strong gust so we think it gave the impression it was being thumped or something similar. Is this what might have happened to yours Spinal?

Im guessing its the winds then as there was wind on both occasions. I never though of that though... Hmmm, so do you think closing up all the air ducts (there are 4 or 5 in the dash, ... cant really remember) will be enough or do I need to actually cover the car with a car cover?
Michele

Spinal said:
Im guessing its the winds then as there was wind on both occasions. I never though of that though... Hmmm, so do you think closing up all the air ducts (there are 4 or 5 in the dash, ... cant really remember) will be enough or do I need to actually cover the car with a car cover?
Michele
Closing the vents will help if air circulating is triggering the ultra-sonic sensors. This used to happen on my Scorpio if I forgot to close the vents up. However if it is a motion sensor that triggers the alarm then closing the vents will not help.

I think my 211 automatically closes off the air flow a few minutes after switching off the engine as I have heard a motor run and a clunk from the dash area when I have stayed in the car. I have the 4-zone climate control. Can anyone confirm this? (and so far no false alarms :) )

if i was to guess .... its your battey loosing charge , the alarm seeing this and going off.

there is a circuit in the alarm to monitor this as well as a backup battery in the siren.

I'm with Fuzzer on this one, the voltage on the battery may be dropin thus causing the alarm to activate.

fuzzer, that was my first guess, but if it is that, then there must be something wrong with the wiring/electrical system. The battery is quite literally 3 weeks old... The old one had sulfated after a holiday, so I decided just to go for a new battery... Any ideas what mightcause the drain? Or how to stop it? (I would prefer not to have a charger on maintain in my boot throughout my holidays...)
Spinal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom