Honest MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

singlerider

Car
C350 CDI
Just wondering what sort of figures people are (genuinely) getting.

I've been running my C350 CDI since February, and I think the overall average is around 34 or so. I only really make an effort to drive light footed on the motorway journeys, where I can get 40+ (best to date is 47).

Normal driving to work and back is mostly along a stretch of dual carriageway where I'll get 35 or so. Fast driving drops it to about 30ish. Naughty driving is mid to high 20s, which is probably about what I get on a short run pootling around town.

What's everyone else getting?

I genuinely got 65.7mpg from my E220 travelling from Glasgow to Livingston at the weekend.

I regularly get mid to high 50s on my 12 mile commute.

Pottering around is 40+mpg.

All (genuine)

I genuinely got 65.7mpg from my E220 travelling from Glasgow to Livingston at the weekend.

All (genuine)

Slightly better than the S Class then :)

I have a C350 CDi and I achieve 40+ MPG easily on a motorway run at a 'reasonable' speed.

Sit at 60-70 and I've had nearly 60 mpg.

Around town i'm still getting mid/late 20's easily.

20mpg in my R129 the last few weeks.

Its a bit of a shock after the Smart CDI but oh so worth it.

All (genuine)

That's pretty damn impressive. My commute is 16 miles door-to-door, and even trying my hardest I'll maybe only get 37/38. It always seems to be extra thirsty when it's cold.

I have a C350 CDi and I achieve 40+ MPG easily on a motorway run at a 'reasonable' speed.

Sit at 60-70 and I've had nearly 60 mpg.

Around town i'm still getting mid/late 20's easily.

Not just me getting really low economy round town then. I'll have to try going that speed on the motorway and see how it does, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up, my foot gets very heavy

Fuelly site.

Just been looking at the "Fuelly" site and its great for info and makes for really interesting reading and am pleased to say i get better than the average figures for both my W202 C280 V6 and also my Kawasaki ZZR1100 Motorcycle so very happy with that of course :D:D:D

How does everyone calculate the 'genuine' or 'actual' mpg for the different types of driving?

Even if I was to believe the dash readout to be spot on, the instantaneous display only goes up to 40mpg on my C220. And it's not always possible to reset the trip every few minutes.

Brim to brim seems to me to be the only true figure, but that can only show overall, and not the mpg for different bits of a journey.

Brim to brim seems to me to be the only true figure, but that can only show overall, and not the mpg for different bits of a journey.

I agree, my obc is consistently 7% optimistic. Previously drove an Audi which had both better granularity and a much more accurately calibrated obc and it gave good instantaneous info too so a bit disappointed with the MB's tool.

I've averaged 39 mpg over the last year. Combination of town and motorway driving.

Mpg

I was getting 34 mpg on a recent trip to
poole in my r129 320.

The 2008 E320 CDI sport i just bought is getting about 29mpg , is that about right for around town stop/starting etc ?
Bringing it home on the motor way i was hitting 39 mpg and i wasn't hanging around :D

I've had my 2010 C350 CDI since May - three tanks have given an average on the computer of 36-38mpg. It was only on the last tank that I calculated it properly; average shown was 36.7mpg, reality was 33.9mpg which was quite disappointing.

My commute is 15 miles of twisty, rolling B-road so it's hard to maintain a steady pace; I've seen 42mpg on the computer on a 70-80mpg trip down the M5 but I guess reality would be well under 40mpg if the OBC error is consistent.

mpg figures are pretty meaningless without average speeds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom