Hot air balloon ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

It's our wedding anniversary in August. Mrs Ant has always expressed an interest in a hot air balloon experience. Thinking of surprising her.

We live a few miles from Gretna. Any views/experiences of this greatly appreciated along with what to expect cost wise. Our 12 year old daughter will also be joining us.

Ant.

I have done it, touch and go til last minute due to weather for launch and landing window, very serene, relaxing until the landing, we had the brace and the basket on the side and was very exciting. On the whole, get in the photo album

Hi,
We did it when I lived in Guildford - amazing experience.
12 people went up in the balloon and 11 came back - as one jumped out!
He was a member of the British parachute team and he jumped out to entertain us!
He stood on the outside of the basket, said "see you later" and let go - you cannot believe how quickly he dropped.
He then deployed his wing parachute and floated around for a good while before landing.
We were flying near Farnham and we landed by flying low over Frensham ponds - without landing in the water!
Once landed we had a glass of champagne and had a chat with the parachutist who had joined the recovery team.
Our balloon pilot did this for a hobby - but his day job was flying Concorde for BA - slight difference in speeds!
Cheers
Steve

It's our wedding anniversary in August. Mrs Ant has always expressed an interest in a hot air balloon experience. Thinking of surprising her.

We live a few miles from Gretna. Any views/experiences of this greatly appreciated along with what to expect cost wise. Our 12 year old daughter will also be joining us.

Ant.

My Nana lives in Eastriggs, not far from Gretna. Adds nothing to your thread, just thought I'd mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My Nana lives in Eastriggs, not far from Gretna. Adds nothing to your thread, just thought I'd mention it

Well Mark,

Next time you visit your Nana, be sure to pop in here for a cuppa mate. Been living happily in Eastriggs for the last 10 years. :bannana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it. It's well worth it. We went with Virgin in 2011 for my birthday and loved it all the way, despite being in an area of pretty poor scenery. We got involved from the start and it was an amazing experience. I can't remember the cost, but it was a while ago and different people have different charges, so best to check online.

I've temporarily added some photos from our flight to my daughter's website (which is very much in its infancy because a young child leaves very little time for such things). Have a look. Balloon Ride - Zaya

Well Mark,

Next time you visit your Nana, be. Sure to pop in here for a cuppa mate. Been living happily in Eastriggs for the last 10 years. :bannana:

Jeezo, the smallest of smallest worlds!

May well take you up on that sir!

Jeezo, the smallest of smallest worlds!

May well take you up on that sir!

Please do, it'd be a pleasure. :thumb:

(Very curious as to your Nana's identity now. Very small village and more than likely I've worked for her or someone she knows. ;))

Go for it. It's well worth it. We went with Virgin in 2011 for my birthday and loved it all the way, despite being in an area of pretty poor scenery. We got involved from the start and it was an amazing experience. I can't remember the cost, but it was a while ago and different people have different charges, so best to check online.

I've temporarily added some photos from our flight to my daughter's website (which is very much in its infancy because a young child leaves very little time for such things). Have a look. Balloon Ride - Zaya

Thanks for that Tim. Stunning photos. You have a beautiful family. ;)

Please do, it'd be a pleasure. :thumb:

(Very curious as to your Nana's identity now. Very small village and more than likely I've worked for her or someone she knows. ;))

She's a Van Nuil if that helps. Lives in Melbourne Ave

I'm trying to get Mrs Ringway a Hot Air Balloon or Parachute experience with no strings attached.

Very familier with Melbourne Ave but sir name doesn't ring a bell. Ask her if she knows of Anthony Barber. If the reply is negative just put the phone down. :D

I'm trying to get Mrs Ringway a Hot Air Balloon or Parachute experience with no strings attached.

Hehe. I was totally expecting this reply, even more so from you Paul. #onlyyou

:thumb:

Nelsons?

Yikes. Worked for many Nelsons here mate. Sydney Rd, Aukland walk & The Rand to name a few. Anyhow, give her my number. No job too small and all that. :D

Went to a significant wedding anniversary of an aunt & uncle of mine a few years back. Their immediate family had decided to treat them to a hot air balloon ride - they were horrified & declared that they would never cash that in!!

I've done a balloon ride with the Mrs for her 50th. £700 for about 2 hours very slowly drifting over a sewage works near Bristol.

You get the same experience scrolling over google maps while someone points a blow-torch at the top of your head

I've done a balloon ride with the Mrs for her 50th. £700 for about 2 hours very slowly drifting over a sewage works near Bristol.

You get the same experience scrolling over google maps while someone points a blow-torch at the top of your head

Gary, you didn't say if you enjoyed it or not. :eek:

Exciting at take off. Exciting at landing. Interesting seeing how many swimming pools there are for ten minutes. Remaining time dull as ditchwater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom