Hotels in or near Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BonzoDog

Car
280 cdi Break S211 Avantgarde, B200 CDI, W245, Autotronic
Over Easter we will be visiting UK and we are looking for a hotel in Manchester with secure parking. Any suggestions? Failing that somewhere nearbyish from where we could get a train in.
After that we will be heading towards Llandudno to visit more relatives. Any suggestions there?
Thanks in advance.

I only stay at Manchester when getting planes, normally stay at the SAS by the airport. It is not the best hotel in the world but it is clean and the suites are of a decent size with adjoining lounge. The dinning room have 2 rosettes not sure if it should.

Victoria & Albert opposite Granada Studios is my favourite.

Been a few years but rooms were great, food good, and central position. Doorman parks the car - supposedly secure - or so they assured me!!

Great having photos of Bet Lynch and Ken Barlow in your room too ...in an odd kind of way!!

When I have to pick up the Chelsea football team they always stay at the Lowry. And with the money they have would they settle for anything but the best?

Depends on how much you want to spend really....

Mambo said:
Depends on how much you want to spend really....
The Lowry is about £1300 per night, so if when you're in London you usually stay in the Dorchester or somewhere then the Lowry might seem like a bargain in comparison.

I believe some of the suites come with a 24/7 butler service as well :)

Shude said:
The Lowry is about £1300 per night, so if when you're in London you usually stay in the Dorchester or somewhere then the Lowry might seem like a bargain in comparison.

I believe some of the suites come with a 24/7 butler service as well :)

I've stayed there before but I didn't pay anywhere near £1300, closer to £180 for a double room IIRC....

**EDIT**

Here are the rates

The Lowry is about £1300 per night -aaagh.

That's a blow, it looked quite nice but on the basis that footballers choice in cars define those vehicles I would never want, perhaps I should say the same about Hotels. e.g. beckham and Hummer.
On the other hand I enjoy the rants about overpaid, uneducated and so on. I remember the days when they were treated badly, not just in pay but in terms of respect and am now quite happy to see them on top of the pay scales.

Mambo said:
I've stayed there before but I didn't pay anywhere near £1300, closer to £180 for a double room IIRC....
Presumably no butler service for you then! ;)

Mambo said:
;) Nope I had to get my own drinks :D
I see the price has gone up for those suites now, and they've ditched the butler for a chauffeur. Damnit that means I'll have to take my butler with me rather than use theirs. What a disgrace! :rolleyes:

Shude said:
I see the price has gone up for those suites now, and they've ditched the butler for a chauffeur. Damnit that means I'll have to take my butler with me rather than use theirs. What a disgrace! :rolleyes:

LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom