House sale clapses after 15 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

def90cars

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 AMG C63S, W204 C63 AMG PPP, Abarth 595 Competizione, Fiat 500 Twinair, Toyota Carina E GTi
House purchase clapses after 15 months

As it says.

I am a cash buyer. They were buying non-chain houses.

Nothing could convince them to progress at all.

Now fell through.

Very depressing after 15 months.

Last edited:
They obviously weren't serious about selling. I'd have told them where to stick their house after 6 months, it shouldn't really take any longer than 2 months. I've bought in 2 weeks where there hasn't been a chain.

Same as, at the 6 month mark id have pulled the plug myself...

It's hard if your heart is set on the house, you will try and make it work anyway you can, even when your head is screaming no more!

Must say for it to last 15 months, I think it would have to be the house of my dreams or investment of my dreams.

As it says.

I am a cash buyer. They were buying non-chain houses.

Nothing could convince them to progress at all.

Now fell through.

Very depressing after 15 months.

I don't understand, you appear to be buying so who was buying non-chain houses?

My guess would be on the seller making no real serious strides to actually sell. Just sniffing the market.

I think this is my assessment too.

They offered on two other houses (one empty and one not in a chain) but they fell through.

I think the seller was either not really wanting to move or can't afford too (they were down sizing). In either case they never said a word. I think I spoke to their agent more often.

Just was an ideal house for me. I had plans for the 5 car garage already made up (and the cars to fill it!!... 190 2.5-16, C43 and C55 - to go with my tow C63's).

Seems a shame,but 15 months was way too long,maybe you allowed it to go on so long because you own a Mercedes and well over a year waiting time is common on new models delivery,but you should have looked around after 3 months and told the estate agent you were now looking,if that did not get a response from the sellers then look in earnest,there are some very strange people out there when it comes to selling a property,I have bought and sold a few and it has never taken more than 3 months from start to finish.

/\ /\ /\ Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom