How bored are you of your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
Driving home in the c230k today (150 mile round trip today mainly on M1), dawned on me i'm bored of it. Nice enough car, but I'm bored. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being very bored, and 10 being where you just want to drive it all the time, guess I'm at 3 out of 10. Cant be ****d to change it though....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How bored is anyone else with their wheels? and before anyone says it I'll say it first, "Only boring people get bored"...

Nope , love it ... love the ' v8 woofle ' when you put your foot down ...

I've had mine 8 months now. Kinda hankering after something else just because I find getting new (to me) cars a buzz but I know what I get wouldn't be as good (given my financial + employment position).

If i ever get bored of mine i usually just fit a bigger engine :D even when i change cars its usually because i really want something else, not because i dont like my current car, if i had more money and a field i'd still have every car i've ever owned.

I'll get bored once it becomes a complete 'C43 Clone' after all the modding is done...

Ive always wondered: If you could afford pretty much any car would you get bored very quickly? with no mods to do etc? For example Maff changes his like he changes his socks ;)

That said, could you become bored of a V12?

Nope, had mine just over 3 years now, still like it. I sometimes wish it had a V8 though, and Howard's comments above aren't helping... :rolleyes: Only a black CLK55 would tempt me to change.

Never a dull moment with the CE. The joys of old(ish) cars. :D

Ade

ECHO your sentiments

190E 2.6 :) :p

Getting bored is an expensive habit for me. 12 cars in 5 years! I absolutely dread to think about the money I have thrown away in depreciation!

Oh well......

Erm, I got a dealer to price my E class. It wasn't good if I sold to him. £8k loss in 8 months. Still it beats my 4.4i V5 which lost that in half the time.

Recently Ive changed cars every year, and that gets expsensive.

My current car I have had 18 months and so far love it. In summer I do miss not being able to put my roof down.

I don't miss the performance of the quicker cars I have had which I thought I would.

It just does everything we need at the moment, guess the fact I ride to work most days means that when I do use it its more fun :)

I do agree with the moding coment, as I've had cars with all the options / best spec and I get bored quicker as theres nothing to tinker with and try and fit.

So overall happy with our cars for now :)

Doesn't stop be searching on Autotrader / piston heads and ebay at least once a week though (drives the mrs mad)

:) :)

I'm not bored yet - but I've only had the car 1 month - 11 months time is the crunch for me!

I still really like my car, but I'm probably going to change it for an m103 engined 300TE as soon as one comes up.

Driving home in the c230k today (150 mile round trip today mainly on M1), dawned on me i'm bored of it. Nice enough car, but I'm bored. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being very bored, and 10 being where you just want to drive it all the time, guess I'm at 3 out of 10. Cant be ****d to change it though....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How bored is anyone else with their wheels? and before anyone says it I'll say it first, "Only boring people get bored"...

Just get yourself a Clk 320 Cabriolet in Ferrari red and you will never get bored.
There is just too much going on for some road user it appears.
Every boy racer in town wants a race, and then there are the miserable people who just want to shout abuse at you and your car, (very amusing, must be the red flag to the bull syndrome), but I must say, it gets an awful lot of admiration and courtesy off the majority of road users.
So I can honestly say, no boredom, a good adrenalin rush at a steady 30 MPH.
Regards,
Andy

run two or three cars then rotate when bored

Thats the badger! Had the C250 for about a month now, still love it, not started on the mods yet, but I still have my little Vauxhall Chevette to have a play in. When the sun eventually shines, jump on the GSXR600 for some adrenaline or on the Suzuki DR250 for some mudplugging greenlaning! Can never get bored!

I'm reasonably bored with mine, I wouldn't mind changing it for a W210 as it's always been one of my favourite shapes, i'll probably never get one though as i can't be bothered to actively search for a good one, especially with all the rust issues it had.

There's definately a 'honeymoon' period with most new cars, and that does tend to wear off after a while.

Remember though, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. How many of us have sold cars, and then regretted the decision (or at least missed them)!

Will

There are only a handfull of cars I would ever really get excited about owning and anything else is really just transport.

Although I am a petrol head, my daily driver is just that, a daily driver and as long as it's comfortable and functional and I can listen to Radio 2/4 then I'm hunkey dorey.

The cars I crave are not practical, none would be considered daily drivers, they would mostly be collectors pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom