How can I get the rear hatch open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisk942

Car
E350 Estate
Hi All,
I've left my E350 estate unused for a month or so and the battery is now flat. I've managed to open the drivers door with the key and then all other doors but can't open the boot from inside to get the battery out to put it on charge. Is there another way to get the bootlid open ?

1. Have you tried using the manual key in the boot lock?

2. There should be a charging point (+) inside the engine bay. The earth is just any old earth point obviously.

Hi and thanks for your reply, as far as I can see there's only one keyhole and that's in drivers door, so opened up that first then opened other doors via internal handles
Is it OK to charge the car using the connections under the bonnet, will it not upset the electrics ?

There could be a black plastic keyhole cover on the rear tailgate covering the keyhole I suspect.

if you put a 12v supply on the charge point under the hood it will allow you to open the boot with the remote as per normal and get to the battery.

No keyhole next to the boot release as far as I can see, so will try some jumpy leads under bonnet once the rain stops here. Thanks all for help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom