HOW CAN I TELL IF 264 or 231 BHP ENGINE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Newbi

Car
A6
Hi all

Maybe a daft question but I am going to view a couple of 2012 E class cab' 350 this week and I wanted to know how I can tell for sure it has the upgraded engine. I have noticed that a lot of adverts quote the engine to be the 264 bhp version but when I have spoken to a few of the sellers they are actually the 231 version. Is it listed somewhere in the cars paperwork ?

thanks

I suggest you Google for one if the free VIN decoder websites, then run the car's VIN to generate the Datacard info. I do appreciate that this will not help much when looking at adverts, but it will allow you to confirm before buying.

Hi all

Maybe a daft question but I am going to view a couple of 2012 E class cab' 350 this week and I wanted to know how I can tell for sure it has the upgraded engine. I have noticed that a lot of adverts quote the engine to be the 264 bhp version but when I have spoken to a few of the sellers they are actually the 231 version. Is it listed somewhere in the cars paperwork ?

thanks

I used a logbook and checked the emissions to match the spec but that was with a Citroen. I think Parkers website does this or at least it used to.

Newbi said:
Hi all Maybe a daft question but I am going to view a couple of 2012 E class cab' 350 this week and I wanted to know how I can tell for sure it has the upgraded engine. I have noticed that a lot of adverts quote the engine to be the 264 bhp version but when I have spoken to a few of the sellers they are actually the 231 version. Is it listed somewhere in the cars paperwork ? thanks
Download MyCarCheck on the Apple Store (its free) or android equivalent, type in reg of car and engine details will show up including bhp

The 264 and 231 have different CO2 levels and hence tax levels. Check the cars on the DVLA website to see which car tax levels they are in.

Hey all, thanks very much for replies.
I have just been on to MyCarCeck, never heard of it before but it does the job. Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom