how does the auto box cope with chipping c250td

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dervdoc

Car
s210 320 cdi
just wandering can anyone give any feedback on how the autobox copes after chipping a c250td? probably looking at a generic map r a tuning box, so probably increasing from 150bhp to 170-180bhp

If you find a way to actually get he chip or remap done, please let me know!!

I am finding it very hard to find a place that will actually do it!

I am being told different stories from different places,

Angel tuning wont do it,

another place have said they can do it easy,

and another have said its an ecu out job and will take a day or 2.

I have only been looking at the remap route so far, as i would rather a proper remap rather than a plug in box that just increases everything.

As far as the gearbox goes, nearly everyone i have asked this to, has said the gearbox will easily cope with 170-185 bhp, as long as its been looked after, filter and fluid change etc!

Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

If you find a way to actually get he chip or remap done, please let me know!!

I am finding it very hard to find a place that will actually do it!

I am being told different stories from different places,

Angel tuning wont do it,

another place have said they can do it easy,

and another have said its an ecu out job and will take a day or 2.

I have only been looking at the remap route so far, as i would rather a proper remap rather than a plug in box that just increases everything.

As far as the gearbox goes, nearly everyone i have asked this to, has said the gearbox will easily cope with 170-185 bhp, as long as its been looked after, filter and fluid change etc!

Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

I've replied to your other post on the tuning thread, this can be done easy (we have done it) and the gearbox is more than capable.

Don't think boxes just increase everything they don't the top end ones are virtually secondary ECU's that can be programmed and set up correctly and are roughly the same cost as a remap on this type of car about £300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom