How likely to get a discount from a Porsche Centre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Having sampled one last weekend, I'm seriously considering a Cayenne Diesel for Mrs D. Very, very impressed.

I'm not expecting the Official Porsche Centre to be open to haggling, especially with a 6 month waiting list, so before I sit down to do a deal, I'm really keen to find out if anyone has managed to successfully negotiate a discount.

Last edited:
not heard of discounts on Cayennes ..

bear in mind that there's a Diesel S with the new twin turbo diesel on the way ..

and no doubt some changes to the standard diesel too

not heard of discounts on Cayennes ..

bear in mind that there's a Diesel S with the new twin turbo diesel on the way ..

and no doubt some changes to the standard diesel too

I asked about the twin turbo, and OPC said they already have the 2013 Model Year specs and only the current 245PS single turbo will be available, and so will mean 2014 MY at the earliest.

You could try this..........

Porsche Cayenne For Sale | Buy New 2012 Porsche Cayenne UK Car Prices | BROADSPEED DEALS

I bought a car a few years ago in exactly the same way with no problems whatsoever.

Its worthy of consideration.

I did look at Broadspeed but it says there's a zero saving. I might submit an enquiry all the same. Drivethedeal report £221 saving, which is better than nothing, although that said for £221 it might be better to have a relationship with my local OPC.

Buy a UK spec car from a dealer in Germany and save yourself a fortune and have a nice time collecting it :thumb:

Buy a UK spec car from a dealer in Germany and save yourself a fortune and have a nice time collecting it :thumb:

except that UK price, excluding VAT, is lower than Germany!

except that UK price, excluding VAT, is lower than Germany!

But you can get discount in Germany ;) + have you seen the £/€ exchange rate

German price Inc Vat €61,976 Excluding VAT €52,080 = £42689 register car in UK pay VAT Total =£51,226

UK Price £56,788 Inc VAT

So even assuming no discount in either UK or Germany it's still £5.5k cheaper to buy in Germany + you will definitely get discount.

We just had a customer bought an Audi Q7 in Germany to UK spec saved £6.5K and I dont think the new Q7 is even available here yet ! The way the excahnge rate is moving it can only get cheaper buying in Europe

Last edited:
Porsche's website says the list price for the Cayenne Diesel is £46,744 incl VAT. :dk:

Well that's bizarre I double checked those prices before posting but you are correct I have just checked again and £46,744 is correct :dk: don't know where my other price came from or what I was looking at but never realised Cayennes were that cheap but have you seen the price of used ones they really cheap at the moment

Well that's bizarre I double checked those prices before posting but you are correct I have just checked again and £46,744 is correct :dk: don't know where my other price came from or what I was looking at but never realised Cayennes were that cheap but have you seen the price of used ones they really cheap at the moment

Maybe you looked at the S pricing?

The car in the photos above is £70k, with just over £23k of options? :eek:

^ £70K

Have to say that looks ugly... I don't like the new rounded version as much as the old one.

In a different colour it would look nicer, and the black wheels do nothing for me.

At that price, If I could stomach the depreciation on a new car these days.... I would be looking at a RR TDv8.

To me out of all the 'off roaders' its still the Daddy :)

^ £70K

Have to say that looks ugly... I don't like the new rounded version as much as the old one.

In a different colour it would look nicer, and the black wheels do nothing for me.

At that price, If I could stomach the depreciation on a new car these days.... I would be looking at a RR TDv8.

It's certainly not for everyone.

The demonstrator was very much Footballer-spec. Lots of people stopped and stared, like no other car I've ever driven. It was fund for the weekend, but the attention would drive me nuts. The huge wheels (£4k option plus wider arches to accomodate them) were a liability, but incredibly didn't make the ride uncomfortable.

What really appeals though is that it really does feel like a sporty car, in terms of the seating position, handling, and even performance. The only thing that was not sporty was the fantastic ride quality!! The composure over twisting roads was unbelievable - I expected it to be good but I would not have believed how good until I had a real drive. That appeals to me because it's still up to the job of towing the caravan.

What I have in mind is something which drives like this:

29645d1338063075-how-likely-get-discount-porsche-centre-cayenne-rear.jpg

But looks like this:

View attachment 29676

View attachment 29677

The online configuration tool can't show some of the options like tinted tail lamps and roof bars but it's enough to get a picture in your mind's eye.

Last edited:
^ £70K

I much prefer the new share personally, I always disliked the old one even after the mid life update.

With an all new Range Rover coming out soon you'd have to be crazy (or just very rich) to buy a new one now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom