How many new Mercs tomorrow........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuonopepper

Car
GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
Get my GLC tomorrow, wondered how many more new ones will be going to forum owners tomorrow and who'll be first. I have a 3 hour train ride to get mine so it'll be late morning for me.....

Good luck - hope all goes well, and remember.
ttiuwp!

You lucky devil.

I could have picked mine up tomorrow. However, it's in Poole and 378 miles away. So, I'm getting free delivery on 7th March. Would have loved to have the adventure of a train ride & pick up but just don't feel up to it.

Good luck for tomorrow. Bet you can't wait. :bannana:

Ant. :D

You lucky devil.

I could have picked mine up tomorrow. However, it's in Poole and 378 miles away. So, I'm getting free delivery on 7th March. Would have loved to have the adventure of a train ride & pick up but just don't feel up to it.

Struggling to be honest, got that nervous energy buzzing around. Sure a cross Pennine train journey from Lancs to Grimsby will do its best to suck that out of me, lol

You lucky devil.

At least they will deduct the mileage on delivery....

Struggling to be honest, got that nervous energy buzzing around. Sure a cross Pennine train journey from Lancs to Grimsby will do its best to suck that out of me, lol

I'll bet you'll love it.

4 years ago my daughter (6 years old at the time) and I travelled from Dumfries to Bradford. to get a brand new van for my work. 6am Bus to Carlisle train station. A gorgeous fried breakfast, then train to Bradford. Signed the paperwork and drove home. She still remembers the adventure. A great memory.

You alone tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about this as well.
Mine is coming from the USA, ordered a couple of weeks back, arrives by end of April, I hope. Because of the wait, was temepted to buy a pre-reg, but then decided to go for brand new with new reg.
I hope it's sunny when I get my new car.
Good luck with your GLC, nice car.

I'll bet you'll love it.

4 years ago my daughter (6 years old at the time) and I travelled from Dumfries to Bradford. to get a brand new van for my work. 6am Bus to Carlisle train station. A gorgeous fried breakfast, then train to Bradford. Signed the paperwork and drove home. She still remembers the adventure. A great memory.

You alone tomorrow?

Yes, kids at school and Wifey offered to drive me over but I didn't want to put our 6 week old through a 6 hour return trip stuck in a car seat.

Transpennine Depress are doing there best to ruin the experience with delayed and cancelled trains but not managed yet!

The kids want me to pick them up from school in it of course :)

Got mine yesterday e63 amg :devil: black with beige & opted for comfort seats- they are fantasticaly well ... comfortable ..:D:D

Yes, kids at school and Wifey offered to drive me over but I didn't want to put our 6 week old through a 6 hour return trip stuck in a car seat.

Transpennine Depress are doing there best to ruin the experience with delayed and cancelled trains but not managed yet!

The kids want me to pick them up from school in it of course :)

Your silence alarms me. I hope the pick up went well. Post some words of reassurance. I'm worried. :mad:

Ant. :thumb:

Your silence alarms me. I hope the pick up went well. Post some words of reassurance. I'm worried. :mad:

Ant. :thumb:

Lol, all is well, very well!:thumb: Just was mad busy last night when I got back.

The train journey didn't defeat me and I was collected at the station and given a very well structured and friendly handover and some meet and greets with execs at the dealership, made to feel genuinely welcome and my business worth something which is a nice change! They had a lovely deep blue C63S in that i duly dribbled over!

The car is fantastic, it's fairly dirty given the 2.5hr drive home (have it booked in for a full detail in 2 weeks time). I'm still setting everything up and getting the Connect Me stuff activated etc and trying to get to know the car, however a couple of initial impressions are how quiet it is, far quieter than my C250D W204 so they obviously done much work there. Second thing is how well it rides in comfort mode, even with the 20s and run flats, I'd expected it to be more crashy given our crappy roads.

By strange coincidence, almost to christen the car I woke to a bit of snow this morning, not so much on the drive but some of the rural roads that form the school run we're 2 to 3 inches. Even with the 20s and summer tyres ( a set of 18" wheels and winters are on my shopping list but I thought I had 6 months to save some pennies!) it handled traction well, of course stopping is more about gravity and driver with that wheel and tyre combo!

Anyway, I'm loving it, can't stop driving the thing or fiddling with it :)

Snow.jpg

Great to hear it all went well. And I can't blame you for being over the moon. The car is a beautiful place to be. I adore the inside of the C & GLC dispite some peoples negative posts.

I'm very envious. Enjoy it pal.

Ant.

Only another five days Happy, though it will feel like longer, when I collected mine two weeks felt like forever,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom