How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My broker got me £539 through Royal Sun Alliance, me & mrs, full European cover, legal protection, 9 years NCB and 9.5k miles pa.

Seems like a bargain, I must be the "one careful owner"

two people with one accident (with a deer) went up from £460 to £620 for c-class 205 2016 0ver 10 yrs no claims

ML63 AMG 2007 (W164) .. Me and missus..Fully Comp..9 years NCD .. £480 with Direct Line..£350 excess.. absolutely magnificent deal I think!
Last year paid £1200 with Churchill .. it pays to shop around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently set up an agreed valuation policy on my CLS63 which cost me £400. Couldn't complain at that really.

C207 E350 Coupe, 4 years ncd £1600, London.

AMV said:
C207 E350 Coupe, 4 years ncd £1600, London.
Wow and I thought mine was expensive at half that price!

1989 190E 2.5-16 Cosworth

No no claims as it's being used on the other cars.

£146 p/a fully comp, with an agreed valuation though restricted mileage. :)

How are you getting such cheap prices? I've had my renewal through and I've had quotes elsewhere and I cannot get it below £1200 for the year LOL. I wouldn't mind but I'm 36 years old, married and a home owner LOL My M5 was half the price to insure!

We have his and her e240 same drivers my wife and I same rural postcode, same drive same 7 years ncd. If we change company it is less than £200 a year on renewal goes to £350 ish. The premiums are due within three weeks of each other. Last year we changed Angela's car to my insurance company £150 savings. My renewal doubled to £400. They tried explaining time or postcode but just profiteering. Another company under £200 fully comp.

£6000 but that's trade insurance, cover myself and my wife and a few drivers driving any vehicles

£500 quoted v £400 last year. No change in circs other than Insurers being very greedy [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just renewed today at £220 with the AA. A quick phone call got £47;15 knocked off their renewal price due to a "re-calculation".

Having played around with the comparison sites it is worth while having a good look at " your " personal mileage not the vehicles if there are other named drivers on the policy because my personal mileage is quite a bit lower that what is shown on the odometer due to named drivers.

I don't personally own a Mercedes and haven't been able to get my (dream) Mercedes (yet) but due to my not-so-great post code and a conviction on my licence (0 points but still a conviction), I paid over £2,300 on an old-ass 145,000-mile 2003 Volkswagen MK4 Golf GTi. I'm 24 and have 1 year NCB (for various financial reasons, I unfortunately had to suddenly back out of owning and running a car TWICE on my way to a year's NCB).

Quite a sad story after reading through all of you guys running V8s with insurance bills under £1,000 but shit happens, thats life. At least my 25th birthday coincides with completion of my 2nd year NCB though so something to look forward to I suppose!

Quite a sad story after reading through all of you guys running V8s with insurance bills under £1,000 but shit happens, thats life. At least my 25th birthday coincides with completion of my 2nd year NCB though so something to look forward to I suppose!

Reaching 25 does indeed bring down the cost of insurance, and along with another year of NCB it might help the pain of paying your premium.
Unfortunately, the postcode lottery really does help or hinder drivers through no fault of their own.

Privilege £680
37 Years
W204 350CDI
Full Business Insurance
Non Fault Accident in 2015
no points
0 No-Claims, starting again with my own insurance after 7 years without

Should have been 400 quid this year but a non fault accident added £85 to the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom